What we would like to see in Global SC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good.

After reading and catching up to the posts this is what I gotta say on Global.

Do you want to appeal to the details oriented players?

the historical players?

the what if players?

the cool units and ability players?

Its hard to do all of them in 1 game. My suggestion is K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid... and let the editor and players decide what mods to make. Just make a fun game and the other types will come out later. Look at what we got now? My historical mod, Nups mod, A3R, and so on. Just be sure to make more modable features in the editor.

WW2 is really tough to make on a global scale. WIF is still trying to get it right and its a pretty darn good game.

How many of you invest in "infrastructure" technology? I have before, but its not very high on my list and usually I regard it as unnecessary.

So...how about a new feature for SC? Not going to require anything but thought from us players, for Hubert and the AI....well....I would like to hear if it could be considered.

Maintenance! We already have force limits to restrict the amount of units that each country can build, and we have the soft limits to simulate the need for additional resources to produce above the build limits, but what do we have to maintain those units deployed in the field?

What if we had a drain on our MPPs for deployed units' maintenance, per turn, higher tech and mobile units obviously have a greater need of maintenance. Would this simulate a use of oil also? Now if we serve to have a "maintenance" feature should its impact be based in ratio to the level of infrastructure tech of each major? Would this provide an incentive for players to invest(infrastructure) and ponder their force configurations. Imagine that foot infantry would obviously not produce a high maintenance drain on your MPPs.

So ...what? A viable feature to consider? Is it something that is already inherent to SC? Each strength point would be tied to the amount of maintenance, say 0.1 MPP, maybe 0.2 for mobile units, an additional .1 for each tech level, ships and planes ...higher?

Okay, feature could work if done right. First thing that pops in my mind. What if you don't have the MMPS or don't want to spend them to Maintain per turn? Units out of supply can't be maintained, right?

Different subject. Since I'm not a fan of rebuilding new units at half price, how about a force pool of total men? Russians start the game at like 30,000,000. Germans start at 20,000,000. As you buy new units, experience drops on new units........kind of like the old men & boys the Bunta were place in the lines.

For that matter, the Yanks new troops would be the same. Read any battle plan, green troops were taking up space, while crack troops did the main work. Kind of like at my workplace :)

Commander: Europe at War ... actually had a nice manpower / oil system.

As for maintaining units, can be done. Just remember the more complex you make a system the easier it breaks.

You could also do this.

Ok you got soft builds beyond the normal limits. Now also set a max units on board based on MPPs. for every X MPPs you can have 2 units points on the board.

Infantry classes = 1 unit point

airpower/naval = 2 units points

Something simple like that.

So if lets say someone does REALLY well they can soft build over their max. Just a thought