TOW MP tournament

Arzok

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a look at who is on the server most nights after about 20:30 German time, which is normally no one, then I play against the computer. To play me all you have to do is be there at that time too.

By the way does anyone know how to open the ports successfully on a Tcom Speedport W 700V router? No matter what I setting I tweak and change I am unable to host a game.

AL

I think the best way to play for the tournament is to find a date by mail.

By the way, some news :

the two french pools played exactly 50% of the match.

no news from the russian pool.

The first match in the english speaking pool was played with the victory of Alan123 !

all the known results are here :

http://www.39-45strategie.com/Arbre-des-parties-resultats.5913.0.html

Hallo crazyman56,

I sent you an email with regard teaming up for a game, email details and messenger info etc.

Also I managed to open the ports on my router so I can host a game ok, so everyone pls stop looking for the answer as the problems is solved.

AL

Hello I have not heard anything from anyone else and have no mails in my forum inbox either.

One solution I think is not to have pools but to have everyone play everyone else as there are people that are really motivated and play almost every day and readily make contact to play and others that must be busy with other stuff.

The french pool sounds motivated and is the in the same time zone as me for example.

By the way Coldfire and I played the Poland 39 game both sides and who ever was the Russian player got to win! The polish tanks are hopeless against the Russkis. Even when the Polish have the advantage of surprise and height and hull down positions, as mine did. They still got clobbered, with few or no loss to the Russian player.

The Russians even have a shorter and quicker trip into the village.

The games were a challenge and a lot of fun though.

I made a test game against the computer and gave myself 10 polish tanks and still lost!

You have to be a very good player to win Poland 39 as the Polish side thats for sure.

Cheers

AL

You have to be a very good player to win Poland 39 as the Polish side thats for sure.

Indeed, I won with the polish :D

This map was played 6 times, 3times win the Poles, 3times with the Russians.

But it depends of course of the opponents.

It is not easy to balance missions, and after some test, we add the 20mmTKS to the pole force. Perhaps it is not enough. I can play this mission with the poles with you !

For the organization of the tournament, it is not easy, and it needs a lot of times. If every player can play with everyone, il will take more than one year :eek: And some players bought TOW2...

Yes I would enjoy playing this mission with you and learning how it can be won as the polish player. It seems to me a mission impossible.

I forgot to mention above that not only did my Polish tanks attack the Russians, hull down, from height and initially from the side (not that this matters as the Russians tanks enjoy good all around armour) but I also managed to engage them with my ATGs as well, 7 gun tubes against 5 and still got shot up. In the end the ATGs ran out of ammo firing at the 2 or 3 immobilised T26s that were in seeing distance.

What tactics did you use or was it the case that if the game had gone 5 minutes longer you would maybe not have won?

AL

Sorry guys. Been away in Disney, Florida, USA. It looks like I was put in Pool 3 with : Crazyman, Alan123, and ColdFire. Eventhough Gnashers name is still at the top of the pool I am assuming I am in this Pool. Anyway I am in Eastern Standard Time. The best times for me to play are 1000PM (2200) my time or later. If an earlier time is needed I may be able to make it just shoot me an email on your time zones and best play times. Thanks.

edinyar@hotmail.com or eniced73@atlanticbb.net

Yes I would enjoy playing this mission with you and learning how it can be won as the polish player. It seems to me a mission impossible.

AL

So the first time, I was very disapointed :mad:

Alan mastered the village quickly, with no hope for me...

But he gave me another try, and I changed my angle of attack :D

I open 2 fronts, and my 7TP took the advantage over the T26.

But I forgot the village, and Alan sized it for 7minutes !!!

At the minute 8, I succeed to stop the timer, and then, it was a very bloddy battle in the village...

And the poles won !

So it is possible, with some chance !!!

But very hard against a good opponent ;)