TOW MP tournament

Arzok

We are organizing a tournament in Europe.

It will be with JSH 1.3.2, and some special maps made for this contest.

We plan to have several pools of 4 players.

Match will be 1vs1, so it means 3 matchs in a pool, each map will be played twice by players (each time with one nation, so it will be well balanced)

It would be fine to have one pool of "english langage" european players, and one pool of american players (for the problem of local time !). We have already 2 pools of french players.

If you want to see the minimaps, you can look at here :

http://www.39-45strategie.com/Reglement.5912.0.html

It is in french, but you will see the maps and the army composition

Hope to fight with some of you :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll have to play twice each battle, changing side.

The multiplayer mode is JSH "capture the flag":

"Players in "Meeting engagement" multiplayer mode must capture and hold pre-defined area on the map, 'the zone'. To capture this area, send any unit to it - timer will start, showing time left before you win the mission. If enemy units enter this area as well, timer pauses. If player, who captured the area first, manages to wipe out or force to move outside the zone units of another player, timer resumes. In case if another player destroys units of first player or forces them to retreat from the zone timer is reset and begins it's countdown for the victor from the start. When timer reaches zero, player who held the zone is declared a winner.

Borders of the zone are defined in mission briefing and minimap. In addition, there is a special flag in the zone which changes it's color to color of the player who controls the zone in any given moment. If there are no units of any player in the zone, color of this flag is grey.

Unfortunately, because of multiplayer code implementation, placement of this flag is correct only for server player. Clients will see this flag in different place on the map, so they should use the minimap to determine zone location and it's borders."

The flag rect will be painted in red in the minimaps.

credit to Rofl's clean maps for the minimaps

The battles of the first round:

-1940 Hannut (Fr vs Ger)

stock map "Cherbourg"

weather: clear

French Army:

1 escadron of S35 (20x S35)

3x Panhard 178

German Army :

15x PIIIf

10x PIVc

5x PIIc

carte_10.jpg

grab_214.jpg

grab_215.jpg

3. Poland 1939 Sczack

stock map "Bzura"

weather: dusk, fog

Russian Army:

Armor : 4x T26, 1x T27

Infantry:

1x command squad (+1 sniper)

1x infantry platoon (3x squads + 1x AT rifle)

4 trucks

2x 45mm AT guns + 2x T27

pologn10.jpg

Polish Army :

Armor : 4x 7TP, 1x Tks20mm, 1x Wz34

Infantry :

1x command squad (+ 1 sniper)

1x infantry platoon (3x squads + 1x AT rifle)

4 trucks

2x 37mm AT guns + 2x trucks

poles

grab_227.jpg

grab_228.jpg

russians

grab_221.jpg

grab_224.jpg

You can download the mission pack for the tournament :

http://www.39-45strategie.com/Telecharger-les-cartes-Theatre-of-War.5367.0.html

It is the line 'tournoi TOW 2009-1"

As Tartar said, the three maps are "capture the flag".

You must hold the village during 10 minutes.

Because of the problem of the flag, a radio truck is in the village to avoid any misunderstanding. Both player can see it (in fact, there is 2 radio trucks)

I imagine a first pool only with russians, so they can play when they want, without pb of time zone.

Then, the winner will play in the "winner pool", all others pools need to be done.

So it is difficult to predict when will be the second round, but there will be less players to deal with, so i hope we will find a solution.

For the first round, we have begun (we are in holiday in France :) )

So as soons as we have 4 russian players, we can begin (when are the russian holidays ?)

It will probably need one month to solve the first round. But we can add more time if needed.

I need time to translate all :o

But it i quite simple.

4 players in a pool. A B C D for exemple

It means 3 match for each player

A vs B

C vs D

=> They can play Hannut map (france 1940)

then

A vs C

B vs D

They can play Poland 1944

Then

A vs D

B vs C

They can play poland 1939

So each player plays his three matches on three different maps.

Each map must be played twice, and exchange the nation

For exemple, A plays french vs B, then A play german vs B.

If A wins twice vs B, he wins 2 points.

If he wins one and B one, 1 point for each.

At the end of the three maps, we count the points.

The winner can play in the winner pool.

If two players have the same number of points, we will see :D. We can make another match to determine the best, or both will play in the winner pool, that will depend of the number of players left !

"If two players have the same number of points, we will see . We can make another match to determine the best, or both will play in the winner pool, that will depend of the number of players left !"

This is just a suggestion. You guys might have something in place already.

Couldn't we just determine the winner by the final statistics screen shot? I know when I played in some Close Combat tourney's they went by a "LS" system = loser's score. I am not sure if TOW gives one at the end of a match.

Basically I am saying the player who caused the most casualties in the game that he "lost" wins the tiebreaker.

Have a system for "X" amount of points for infantry kills and "Y" amount of points for AFV kills.

I have think about the statistics at the end of the mission.

Bit it is not easy to understand.

How is counted a tank without gun, or without engine ?

A tank without engine, but near the flag, is much more useful than a tank far away from the flag.

What is a destroyed tank ?

If I abandon the tank before the whole destruction, how it will be counted ?

I hope that this situation will not apear :D

OK. I dl'd the mappack and unzipped the file to these 3 folders:

1. Cartes 2D - Are these just screenshots of the minimaps? Or should they actually be put in a folder?

2. Maps - I put 2 of the 3 files: Cherbourg and Sandomierz into the Theatre of War / Maps folder. The 3rd file "Bzura" wants to overwrite the "bzura" folder that is already in this folder. Should I rename one of the files or just let it overwrite the file that is already there?

3. Missions - I put the 3 files: TCC_1vs1_France40_Hannut, TCC_1vs1_Pol44_Stazow, and TCC_1vs1_Poland39_Szack into the: Theatre of War / Missions / MP_LIST folder.

Does this look like I installed the map pack correctly? If so, my only question is about #2 (the bzura map) above. I believe there are only two players in my division so this last map is a moot point. But I just want to be sure in case you guys add more to the USA division. Thanks.

1-there's unfortunately no ingame 2D map in multiplayer mode, so you can view these out of the game or print it for better viewing.

2-yes, you can overwrite it, the folders contain the minimaps only with the flag rect painted in red, back-up the original ones.

3-correct!