Coordinating armor and infantry movement

One thing I'd like to be able to do is coordinate the movement speed of my armor assets with my infantry. I've experimented with various movement types and there doesn't seem to be a way to match movement speeds between these unit types.

In Normandy it would be nice to have infantry be able to use moving armor as a small arms shield when on the attack. Currently, I can't get it to work. Has anyone had any success with this?

Not sure if what you are asking is even desirable. Tanks tend to be shell magnets, meaning infantry bunched up behind are likely to suffer from all kinds of metal chucked at the tank. Tanks protect infantry with their guns, not armored plate. Though I guess it could have some use when all of the enemies heavy weapons are neutralized.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is coordinate the movement speed of my armor assets with my infantry. I've experimented with various movement types and there doesn't seem to be a way to match movement speeds between these unit types.

I seem recall reading in the manual how the vehicle "slow" command was supposed to match up with infantry "quick".

I thought I had used that combination successfully before but I can't remember. I'm waiting for the guided missile code to be updated before I jump in again.

Though, in CMSF I mainly use tanks as cover for the wounded while giving buddy aid.

Different era, but Col. David Hackworth's biography "About Face" includes a description of him fighting during the Korean War and using tanks as a covered casualty collection point and growing highly irate when said tanks moved, exposing their wounded.