Scenario Op Orders Export/Import?

Okay, so I'm building my first scenario ever. I want to write the Op Order. Problem is, I export the files, name them, but can't see them when I go to the folder on my computer. I go back into CMSF, choose export, and I can see the files I previously exported sitting in the Game Files (though a light gray shade).

Any ideas?

I suggest you download the scenario editor guide that a few guys put together - I'll think you'll find it in the repositry or CMMODS.

If you can't find it - from memory what you want to do is export the template and just save it as a txt file in My Documents or anywhere on your computer. Input your briefing notes and then 'save as' into your Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files directory or Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios directory.

I think what you're expecting is the CMSF to be able to import a file from anywhere on the computer - it won't - it defaults to one or two directories and I think its the two above.

That should solve your problem - if I've understood it right!

As to the editing the file within the CMSF editor - no you can't, that's why you have to export it in the first place. Its a fiddly process but once you've done it a couple of times you'll get used to it.

I suggest you download the scenario editor guide that a few guys put together - I'll think you'll find it in the repositry or CMMODS.

If you can't find it - from memory what you want to do is export the template and just save it as a txt file in My Documents or anywhere on your computer. Input your briefing notes and then 'save as' into your Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files directory or Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios directory.

I think what you're expecting is the CMSF to be able to import a file from anywhere on the computer - it won't - it defaults to one or two directories and I think its the two above.

That should solve your problem - if I've understood it right!

As to the editing the file within the CMSF editor - no you can't, that's why you have to export it in the first place. Its a fiddly process but once you've done it a couple of times you'll get used to it.

Thanks. About bed time now. I'll give a try tomorrow. I think when I try export though it only gives me the choice to save it w/i the Game Files of CMSF; no computer folder choices. But again, I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Hagebono, do you have Vista? In that case you'll probably find them from something like this:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files

Thanks, I am using Vista, but the exported files are not there (Game Files folder) once I exit outta CMSF. Even a 'search' of my computer can't find them.