Mud mod

Very nice! Haven't seen any better dirty vehicles yet, I think.

Would you actually care to share the secrets of your technique? Mud, dirt and dust is something I'm not very adept at yet - and it might come in handy when doing a few winter mods and such...

Would you actually care to share the secrets of your technique?

Sure, I will. It´s a little complicated to jut down, though, so I won´t have the time to send you the details right now. Will post it here in a couple of days.

My modding is based on the how-to tutorial at Gautrek´s homepage, so you might as well start by looking at that - if you don´t know it already.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gautrek/howto/basic/basic.htm

Just bear in mind, that if you´re using PhotoShop - as I do - you can´t use all of the tutorial, as the tutorial is written for something called "PSP 5" (whatever that is). And there ARE differences. But I´ll get back to that, when I write later.

Cheers

Ah, I suspected as much. Shouldahve known it was based on Gautrek's tutorial (which I haven't tried yet, I admit). I use PhotoShop, of course (or luckily), but "PSP" stands for "Paint Shop Pro", a longt-time viable alternative to PS. Seems to have gotten out of use pretty much by now, though... I started working with PSP, actually - and rather liked it -, but then everyone turned to PS so I converted, too.

And thanks for the fast answer!

I started on PSP and still work on PSP X. I've never felt the need to 'convert' to Photoshop when PSP is just as capable and, imo, more user-friendly. PSP can save to .psd format as well, so compatibility isn't usually an issue.

Loving the mudmods umlaut. Keep them coming.

Just bear in mind, that if you´re using PhotoShop - as I do - you can´t use all of the tutorial, as the tutorial is written for something called "PSP 5" (whatever that is)

PSP is used by people like me who can't use PS as its too much.PSP was a simple but capable graphics program which was also in the price range of mere mortals.I have now got PSP 8 and you know what,Its too complicated for me know.i may go back to PSP6.

I must be a luddite.

I know what you mean - and, in fact, I liked PSP very much. But due to professional reasons I had to work with PS and stayed with it after I had learned the basics.

There is more than one good graphics program out there (some even still for free!) and in the end it comes down to preference. Besides, you're still the one to have done that mud&dirt tutorial, so all the honor goes to you, anyway - no matter which program you use! ;)