Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What TO&E Units will we get with the British Forces?

Sequoia

What's a Heavy Infantry Battalion? Armoured Infantry is in Warriors, Mechanised Infantry is in Bulldogs these days.

It would be an Armoured Regiment (if you mean tanks)

Both have organic recce assets, plus there are Formation Recce Regiments

It would be nice to have the full gamut, including Light Infantry Battalions , Parachute Regiment Battalions, Air Assault Battalions and Royal Marine Commandos. I think that Steve has already ruled out the Royal Marines on the basis that the BvS 210 "Vikings", which are integral to the organization, were too difficult to implement.

British Regiments are not a fighting formation. Administrative purposes only. In the field an Armoured Regt is about the same size as a US batallion. A Brigade is usually made up of 5 Regiments (Battalion sized) three infantry, one armour and one artillery for example.

A Commonwealth Division is usually three Brigades as above with supporting Engineering, Medical and so on attached. Things vary tho and this is not a definitive description.

A heavy infantry battalion would be our Armoured Infantry Regiment in name, Battalion sized in capability. Hope this helps a bit.

British infantry regiments are not fighting units. Armoured Regiments are.

Infantry regiments, as an administrative entity, consist of a variable number of battalions that can be Armoured (Warrior), Mechanized (Bulldog) or light (foot)

Brigades can be light, air assault, mechanized or armoured. Divisions contain 3 to 5 Brigades.

The analogues between British and US units are along the lines of

Armoured infantry Bn-=- Heavy infantry Bn

Mechanised infantry Bn-=- SBCT infantry Bn

Light infantry Bn-=- light infantry Bn

Armoured Regt -=- Armor Battalion

Formation Recce Regt -=- No analogue.

Air Assault Bns, Parachute Bns and RM commandos are variants of light infantry.

I don't want to get too specific right now, even thought the TO&E is finalized, less some tweaks/bugs to fix. What I will say is that the basics are all there and some icing too :)

When I got started working on CM:SF I had little knowledge of modern TO&E. In fact, the TO&E of the Stryker Brigades was just finalized when I started digging into it. Then came the Marines, which was very different. Much more than I expected. Brits... I expected them to offer even more unique twists and turns... besides the awful spelling and deliberately confusing things to throw us Yanks off our game :) It's been a combination of fun and headaches learning the ropes and getting things to work correctly in the game. Definitely neat stuff.

Steve

British infantry regiments are not fighting units. Armoured Regiments are.

Infantry regiments, as an administrative entity, consist of a variable number of battalions that can be Armoured (Warrior), Mechanized (Bulldog) or light (foot)

Brigades can be light, air assault, mechanized or armoured. Divisions contain 3 to 5 Brigades.

The analogues between British and US units are along the lines of

Armoured infantry Bn-=- Heavy infantry Bn

Mechanised infantry Bn-=- SBCT infantry Bn

Light infantry Bn-=- light infantry Bn

Armoured Regt -=- Armor Battalion

Formation Recce Regt -=- No analogue.

Air Assault Bns, Parachute Bns and RM commandos are variants of light infantry.

The nearest rough approximation to a British FR Regiment would be an Armored Cavalry Squadron - minus the good stuff!! FR Regiments are now down at Bde level in the British Army post FAS and typically comprise a couple of Sabre Squadrons with CVR(T) Scimitar and some CVR(T) Spartan and a C&S Squadron mounted mainly on CVR(T) Spartan.