Javelin bug

Knaust1

Doesn't this depend on how many troops are acquiring?

I've noticed that if I send a 2 man team in, Acquire 2 Javelins, they then cannot take the CLU and the 3rd Javelin. I imagine this is coz it's too much to carry perhaps? I tend to take the CLU +1 Javelin first and then see if I can take any more. Always a bugger having to heft those things around with nothing to launch them with :(

Doesn't this depend on how many troops are acquiring?

I've noticed that if I send a 2 man team in, Acquire 2 Javelins, they then cannot take the CLU and the 3rd Javelin. I imagine this is coz it's too much to carry perhaps? I tend to take the CLU +1 Javelin first and then see if I can take any more. Always a bugger having to heft those things around with nothing to launch them with :(

Nope...if you pick up the Javelin Compound Unit first, everything is OK

To MarkEzra

yup...please note that the bug is independent from the unit size...

Hope that in the new patch there will be also an Armored Target Arc command

If you give an AT team a simple Target Arc command, the AT team could fire an enemy infantry unit thus revealing himself.

Hmmm, curious..I just delved into this bug a bit more..

Send an AT into a Strker and pick up a javelin and the CLU disappears [EDIT:from being able to be acquired :) thanks Sergei]

Send the rest of the unit in and the CLU comes available again!

well, it's in the hands of the BF Gods now :)

PS I just noticed that this didn't happen with a Bradley. V confused now.

Hmmm, I thing Knaust1 has found something.

I played around with 2 man AT teams (US) and then with full squads; I combined/split and loaded up with weapons in various combinations. Here's what I found. (All combining/splitting occurred outside any vehicle.)

Let's start with the default 9 man Stryker squad: Nine men; Special Equipment is NVG's, binoculars, 2 AT-4's; 4 slots occupied.

A two man AT team, split off of a 9 man US Stryker squad, starts with NVG's and 2 AT-4's. (The seven man remnant retains only NVG's and binoculars.)

If the two man AT team then loads into a Stryker and ACQUIREs two Javelins first, it shows NVG's, 2 AT-4's, 2 Javelins. It then is limited to only acquiring 5.56 ammo; the CLU/Javelin is denied to it. 5 special equipment slots are occupied.

Now, recombine that AT team with the rest of the squad, then split it off again. Now the team only shows NVG's and 2 AT-4's. The 2 Javelins are retained by the 7 man remnant. (What, is the CLU-less AT team going to throw them? So, it makes sense that they ditch them.)

Next, the two man AT team (with only NVG's and 2 AT-4's) ACQUIREs a CLU/Javelin unit. This makes them LOSE one of the AT-4's!! They show NVG's, CLU, 1 AT-4, 1 Javelin. 4 Special Equipment slots occupied. The AT-4 is NOT retained inside the Stryker. It is gone.

Recombine that AT team with the squad and then split off again (forcing equipment distribution). Now the AT team shows NVG's, CLU, 1 AT-4, 3 Javelins. 6 Special Equipment slots occupied.

So, the AT team can use at least 6 special equipment slots. Why does the AT-4 disappear earlier (that would only be 5 slots)? Why can't the AT team acquire the Javelins/CLU in any order?

Next set of conditions: I kept a nine man squad in a Stryker, loaded up with CLU/Javelin and 2 more Javelins. Then split the AT team. They had the same loadout as above: NVG's, CLU, 1 AT-4, 3 Javelins. (The 7 man remnant had NVG's, binoculars, and the otherwise missing AT-4.)

So, Knaust1 has indeed found some anomolous behaviors.

Regards,

Ken

MarkEzra,

Please read the prolonged test I posted about upstream a few. It seems that the number of men DOESN'T matter: that the preloaded equipment DOESN'T matter; that the order of acquiring gear DOES matter.

Details (numbingly so) are in my other post. I suggest, respectfully, that you follow along while you read it. I used Abu Susah, realtime, setup phase to run my tests.

Regards,

Ken

MarkEzra,

Please read the prolonged test I posted about upstream a few. It seems that the number of men DOESN'T matter: that the preloaded equipment DOESN'T matter; that the order of acquiring gear DOES matter.

Details (numbingly so) are in my other post. I suggest, respectfully, that you follow along while you read it. I used Abu Susah, realtime, setup phase to run my tests.

Regards,

Ken

I did read it. And thanks for your efforts. It seems when testing the full sqds the results differ. Since I used a QB setup (therefore certifying V1.11 TOE) I wonder if some of the full sqd trouble is due to early scen builds. But I don't actually have a clue! But don't worry BFC is aware that this problem may extend beyond team size as well.

Please all of us need to remember until this is fixed: Choose the CLU 1st and all will be well! ;)

I found, when I encountered this problem with the 5 man Scout Squad, that after they fired their AT-4's they were able to return to their Stryker and get the CLU. It was as if they had reached their carrying capacity obtaining the Javelins and then had room once the AT-4's were fired.

A Stryker 3 man platoon HQ exhibits the same behavior as the 2 man AT team. If they pick up 2 Javelins first, they are then prevented from acquiring the CLU. (Done in a new scenario created in v1.11.)

I haven't tried any experiments to see if Javelins/CLUs can be taken from casualties under these circumstances; i.e. if a 2 man AT team with 2 Javelins provides medic aid to casualty with a CLU/Javelin, would the AT team gain the CLU/Javelin?

MarkEzra - thanks.

Regards,

Ken