The Road to Dinas - Red v Red Campaign

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry about the screw up with the Depot mission. While it's a VERY easy fix, my hands are a bit tied as I'm currently using a beta of v1.2 and the fixed campaign wouldn't work. Being a newb playtester, I was a bit hasty installing the beta and didn't make back up copies of the original files. That's not a mistake I'll ever make again. I bought my copy of the base game from Gamersgate and, as luck would have it, they did away with their downloader a few weeks ago and that prevents me from getting a v1.1 game set up on my laptop. My laptop has a slow connection and it's around a 500MB download which = 2-3 days of downloading time during which time my wife wouldn't be able to talk to anybody on the phone... :D My desktop is MUCH faster bit Gamersgate's new installer will only install it on my desktop.

Enough of the excuses though. I'm still trying to find a way to get this sorted a.s.a.p.

• 6 months later...

And then follow the v1.2 instructions for recovering an updated campaign:

Campaign Game

* When a campaign scenario is updated, you can "import" your current progress from a saved game into the new scenario. Steps:

1. Update CMSF to v1.20.

2. Using v1.20 or later, save your current campaign between battles - from the point just after you dismiss the end-of-battle screen. Importing will not work for saves made at any other point.

3. From the main intro screen, start a New Campaign, and select the updated version of the campaign you want to use. HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY as you click the OK button.

4. Immediately an "import" screen will appear. You'll see your saved game here. Select it, click OK, and then things proceed as normal. The game does the best it can to match battle history and core units from your saved game to the new version of the campaign, but if the author has made major changes then this will be difficult, so the whole process of importing works best when updates to the campaign are relatively small ones.