A battle report on Streets of Hama

Hello

If you're curious to see rather in details how goes a battle on the map Streets of Hama, you'll find a work in progress AAR (including several videos) in the forum of Cyberstratege, here for the syrian and alternatively, here for the US side.

It's in french but we'll make a translation when the battle will be over. That said, the screens shall give you a good idea of the intense fighting.

To resume a bit, syrian defender (me) has managed to prevent the US from entering the town. The marines did enter at the beginning, and began spreading in the first small buildings, but were pushed back outside. There was several counter-attack, but they failed. Now after 20 turns, the action is slowing a lot, as obviously there has been many casualties on both sides. So all in all, it's a very tough game for my friend and a good surprise for me as i was not expecting to defend that well.

Enjoy :)

Hi, thank you for the comments :)

I'll update this AAR when the battle is over (we're near the end i think)

@Clevinger : could you give me the link for the thread on Appui-feu (or post in on Cyberstratège for instance) , i'm interested to see what's been said on this interesting map

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

A quick message to let you know that this interesting battle is over. Syrian managed to achieve an unexpected but total victory (though with a lot of losses). It was a damn tough fight, as you may imagine.

Check this thread for a turn by turn syrian report with lots of screenshots and some videos. The last post is here. I'll try to resume the battle in english soon, when possible.

Essentially i've done everything possible to prevent the marines putting a step in the town, so i took a lot of risks attacking the troops of my adversary while he was trying to hold the first buildings... and it worked :D