Problem with Javelins?

I was wondering if anyone else experienced a problem when firing Javelins against a target at drastically (200m) higher elevation. Mine track perfectly fine at first, gaining some altitude, but not enough, then they kind of fall off and hit the ground well short of the target. I did four shots, 2 at a shade under 2000m and another 2 at approximately 1200m. All experienced the same behavior. Real-time, so no saves to give, although if necessary I will replay scenario, record via FRAPS and post on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPCoxvtudsk

Crap vid quality, but hopefully it gets the point across.

1) First two shots are at 1244m, second set of shots are at 1118m.

2) Cardinal direction is east.

3) Sun is rising but still well below the hill and horizon.

4) The anti-armor teams are the only ones to have spotted the bunkers (due to the CLU).

5) Wind is gentle from NW.

6) Target elevations are roughly 200m above the anti-armor teams.

7) Anti-armor teams are not under any kind of fire.

8) Temperature is hot.

Is this a bug? Or is there something about Javelins I should know that I don't?

As a quick reply, I too have noticed what I feel as just 'strange' behaviour with the javelin as of late.

Several occurances where the javelin will launch and then travel maybe 20-30 metres before impacting. Clear LOS with unsupressed AT team.

In one case I watched in amazement (in the MOUT training scenario of the training campaign) as a HQ unit managed to fire 2 out of 3 javelins into the same patch of dirt 30 metres away (2 almost identical crater's) before getting the 3rd on target.

Again, I want to yell 'bug!' but I am wondering if anyone else has seen similar cases.

David

As a quick reply, I too have noticed what I feel as just 'strange' behaviour with the javelin as of late.

Several occurances where the javelin will launch and then travel maybe 20-30 metres before impacting. Clear LOS with unsupressed AT team.

In one case I watched in amazement (in the MOUT training scenario of the training campaign) as a HQ unit managed to fire 2 out of 3 javelins into the same patch of dirt 30 metres away (2 almost identical crater's) before getting the 3rd on target.

Again, I want to yell 'bug!' but I am wondering if anyone else has seen similar cases.

David

I have seen similar cases to the above. I chalked it to your standard missile shennigans (missiles aren't terribly reliable as a whole) and bad luck to have it happen twice in a row. This case is different. I can replicate it 100% of the time and it doesn't happen once, not twice or even three times, but four times in a row with two different teams firing on different targets. The missiles travel much further, on the order of 600 meters or so, then inexplicably nosedive into the terrain.

The fact that it happens every single time and it appears I'm the only person who has noted it makes me cautious. Maybe it's actually some downside of the Javelin that I have not been made aware of.

David

Ditto. I posted right after the Marine module came out about the trouble with Javelins. I had & still have some go around 30 to 47 meters right into the ground. I did a clean install on both the main game & the marines & I still experience it. Wide open LOS, an unsuppressed AT firing & armor well seen. Not a good way to get the enemy's attention.

send any save files you guys have got...no need on the vid. I'll do some testing and see if I can't match your results. We may be looking at a small, specific kind of bug. Generally the Javelin teams are doing pretty well...certainly more hit than misses. That does NOT mean there isn't some problem. My email is above. Use it direct...not he forum connection...

Hmmm, not trying to jump on any problem bandwagons, but I posted a link to a savegame regarding the issue JP76er brought up in the other forum. Standby while I search for the link.... Here's the thread http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=84815

Another specific thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=84056

Here're my savegame links, from that thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/irwyxz2tln2/USMC Blues For Allah jav misfire.bts

The other one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymczmmnhda0/USMC Blues For Allah 012B jave malf again.bts

If there's a legitimate problem, I hope these links help.

Thanks,

Ken

C3K Isn't that stuff from V1.10? Whatever I find needs to be found in V1.11

I won't get around to this until tommorow. I plan to use my "sidewinder" map to do the test...it's a elevation intensive map that should give us an example of the failures described above. Hopefully some save files will come my way to more clearly define what these guys are seeing.

I won't get around to this until tommorow. I plan to use my "sidewinder" map to do the test...it's a elevation intensive map that should give us an example of the failures described above. Hopefully some save files will come my way to more clearly define what these guys are seeing.

I'm getting ready to play a bit now. I'll see if I can get it to do it again & save the files. I am at V1.11 too. It just happened again last night. Hey, I need the "sidewinder" map so I can get into a hull down position. I'm getting better but I get my rear shot off when I'm not quite there. Still learning.

I must be especially dense, but I can't find your email address... I have a 1.11 saved game I can send you which has a javelin that skips off a building and detonates after it lands lands ~430 meters away. Please let me know if this has already been discussed and/or is normal behavior.

I must be especially dense, but I can't find your email address... I have a 1.11 saved game I can send you which has a javelin that skips off a building and detonates after it lands lands ~430 meters away. Please let me know if this has already been discussed and/or is normal behavior.

Hmm, I had one skip off a building too and thought it just might have been one of those rare ocurrances. However, I have found Javelins too reluctant to fire on some turns.