Russians: Stuck & Confused

Must be just missing something either very obvious or really important: Playing as the Allies. Why can't I move Russian troops into Manchukuo? Want to try to take Manchouli (in Manchukuo) from the Japanese.

What am I not seeing/doing correctly?

Kind of the same question with occupied China. Understand the diplomacy situation with not being able to cross Mongolia.

Thanks.

You are probably not at war with the Japanese yet so you cannot invade. Russia starts off as 'neutral' which mimics the non-aggression pact Japan and Russia had since 1939.

Russia will eventually join in by itself but you can spend mpps in the diplomacy screen to try and speed the process along.

If the USSR has joined the allies then this is indeed a strange occurrence.

Can your Soviet units attack any Japanese units that are adjacent to them? I'd also be interested to know if your Soviet aircraft can attack Japanese targets?

You can always email me a copy of your save file to bill@furysoftware.com and I'll take a look to see if it's a game issue, or a technical one. If the latter then I'll pass it on to Hubert.

Yeah, bummer. Checked it out, they're only 20% allied. Man, it'd cost a ton to get them up to 100% (at 200 a pop). Thanks for the info though. Greatly appreciate it.

I'm glad it was that.

Good news is that the Soviet Union will gradually get more and more interested in joining the war as time goes on, so investing in diplomacy isn't necessarily a lost cause because it may well bring forward their joining date.

And when they do join, it sucks (for the Japanese!) Bad enough to be dealing witih the KMT and the Maoists, as well as the Commonwealth and the USA. To have Stalin's boys join it really drives home the fact that, yeah, starting this war was a Bad Idea for Tojo and company. Those Soviet tank groups are mean.