Bic Crystal Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black

Other Means

Today is the fourth day of ownership of my pen, and I have to say I'm starting to treat it like an old friend.

What kind of whackjob treats a pen "like an old friend", and proceeds to write an 8 paragraph review of it?

I remember back when pens with erasable ink came on the market. The Southpaws always smeared their work and wound up wearing ink on their left hands. I wonder if they ruined it for everyone because I don't recall the pens being around very long.

I also remember when white-out (Liquid Paper) was banned from my school because of sniffers. And who can forget life before the invention of hi-liters, sticky-notes and computers.

Office life must've been hell for perfectionists prior to the '80s.

"Good on paper, but in reality...

As an aircraft designer I make a lot of models of potential aircraft and the bic inspired me to push the envelope of aircraft design, quite literally as I used the pen for the fusleage and a c4 envelope for the wings. Everyone in the design office was amazed at its sleek looks, especially away the the lid held the wings on and the nib was all pointy like a dart.

Imagine my dismay,however, on test flight day when the prototype crashed killing pilots and ground crew. Bic don't tell you anywhere on the pen that aircraft need engines. You'll be hearing from my lawyers."

ROFL.

So. The pen is mightier than the word.

in some cases...i bet if you stuck them both into someone's eye you would find them to be equals.

haha I like the third review down from the top...

" While trying to stick the pen behind my ear at work, I inadvertantly jammed it into my right eye.

It is definatly more painful than most pens, and the ink feels much more corosive."

Another classic from those reviews...

"Worked fine with my right hand, but when I came to use my left hand my writing came out looking like the work of a complete imbecile."

:)

Thanks for uncovering this (God, how on earth did you uncover this???). Will be checking periodically, and may even order one myself since the reviews are for the most part so favorable.

Ha, check the review for the 4 color Bic

"The most incredible thing I have ever seen!! It looks like a normal pen but on closer inspection it has 4 different colours!!! In one pen!!! Science has come a long way since bird feather and blood."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B000J63DX6/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

...may even order one myself since the reviews are for the most part so favorable.

Bics are actually pretty good pens. They hold a lot of ink and will write for nearly forever without skipping. And they are inexpensive to boot.

I have to admit though that my current favorite is the Pilot G-2 0.5mm. It writes even better, though not as long on a single filling. Plus, being clickable, you aren't having to pull the cap off and replace it every time you write. I'm not sure if it has the same ability to penetrate margarine smears, as I've never tested it for that (I use real butter instead).

Michael

You must live in a very...greasy world, Michael. Have you tried that white thing projecting from the wall in the little room where you go poo, that has water flowing from it? No, not the one you sit on, the other one with the hot water too. Turn the water on and use that soap-thingie to scrub your hands more often and you might find your paper is much less greasy. See? Wasn't that easy? I'm your friend and I'm here to help. Any other problems I can solve for you while I'm here, Michael?

:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to post my own review but you need to have purchased the item from Amazon before they will let you review it. For some reason I am reluctant to spend $5 or more on shipping for a pack of pens.

You need not worry, it's out of stock as of now :D

And who would wanna buy used ballpoint anyway...? With S&H, no less?