Very minor UI and editor requests.

Apocal

Is it supposed to be lit or darkened when deployed?

If a unit's weapon is deployed or if the unit has been ordered to deploy said weapon at the end of their current move order, the "Deploy Weapon" button will look like it's pushed in, just as the "Open Up" button looks pushed in when a vehicle is opened up.

Also, the status window (the list of men in a squad in the lower left corner above the UI panel) indicates when the soldier manning the weapon is deploying it or packing it up.

If a unit's weapon is deployed or if the unit has been ordered to deploy said weapon at the end of their current move order, the "Deploy Weapon" button will look like it's pushed in, just as the "Open Up" button looks pushed in when a vehicle is opened up.

I'll have to take another look when I get home, but I haven't noticed a "pushed in" look to the buttons. Just greyed out or colored.

Also, the status window (the list of men in a squad in the lower left corner above the UI panel) indicates when the soldier manning the weapon is deploying it or packing it up.

Yeah, that's been my primary means of determining if my MGs are deployed or not.

"...to see all my units in a list and be able to select them. A double-click would take you to them."

Yes. Maybe a pop up list window say next to the Admin Commands button? With the associated condition, action indicated. I would use this.

Additionally a way to see all CAS, artillery point, linear, and area targets at once. Then select the spotter and go to him.

A way to map the save game button to an F key.

And more.

Has anyone else noticed that when selecting the MEU(SOC), it gives you "1 x SBCT Howitzer Battery"?

And in the LAR Bn is it possible to move the mortars under the individual companies rather than as Bn assets? I was reading "The Highway War" by MAJ Seth Folsom a LAR Co commander and I got the distinct impression they were "his" hip pocket artillery.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does the M240 have a 50 rounds between reloads? AFAIK, they use 100 round boxes? Can't be a barrel swap, way too soon for that on a 240, unless maybe you strung it off as one long burst in 135 degree heat with 100% humidity after setting the bipod on fire.

Also, the sustained rate of fire is listed (in both print and PDF manuals) as being one round per minute. The official specification is 2 rounds per minute (or until the temperature warning device goes off). Reasoning?

I guess you mean one round per SECOND, right?

HOLY BRAIN-FINGER DISCONNECT BATMAN!

It should have read, "Also, the sustained rate of fire for the M777 is listed (in both print and PDF manuals) as being one round per minute. The official specification is 2 rounds per minute (or until the temperature warning device goes off). Reasoning?"

A hotkey for "save game" would be really cool, as well as a way to show target lines/arcs for all units or maybe all selected units at once. Both of these were available in CMx1, I'm not quite sure why they were dropped. It may have to do with the fact that only part of the keyboard is mappable in CMx2 (a rather annoying shortcoming IMHO).