German Islamic scholar exposes critical defect in Islam standard model

John Kettler

Sergei,

Re your reported bladder issue: Thanks for sharing? TMI?! All I've said is that while her views are admittedly wild, even from my perspective, my direct experience of her is as portrayed. Granted, most people wouldn't expect to find so many seemingly diverse traits, capabilities and unusual beliefs in one person, but there she is anyway. She also happens to be a gifted psychic, a former professional astrologer and is an author. Were you to encounter her, say, in her office persona, absent Wicky cueing, you wouldn't have a clue as to the other stuff. She is a force to be reckoned with and a master of what she does. Frankly, I don't know how she stays on top of it all, but she does and isn't hesitant to crack the administrative whip when needed. Call her a woman of many parts, who operates on many levels!

With that disposed of, could we please discuss the main post topic, rather than all this extraneous stuff?

Regards,

John Kettler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. My guess is that when you find the answer to your question, you won't be so quick to jump to JK's defense.

How come people in this board still bother to hammer some rationality into the threads is even beyond me. The futility of the excercise is amusing, though.

JK's posts are fun to read, so long as they concern nothing even remotely conspiratorial.

Yes, it is a sport.

Kettler is in the Rational Special Olympics. We make fun of the events.

Not PC, but who cares?

the 100 mediocre facts - a race to conclusions on a factless track.

Basketcase - hoops of aluminum to catch nut balls

Shot Putt us on - does he really mean it?

Con-nastics - juggling all the conspiracy theories together to redefine the world.

Disc-us Throw - Throw the discussion out the window -it is all bogus

:)

Hey, Wilhammer, I got a giggle from your post.

John,

Bugged,

I have two principal online haunts: the BFC Forums and Earth Boppin, with most of my attention there on Earth Groans. I have been coming here since February 2001 and have talked to all kinds of people, from all over the world, about all kinds of things. I find the range of perspectives extremely useful, but there has been a precipitous drop, I think, in the quality of discussions ever since the Mods practically abandoned the GDF, allowing the board bullies to practically take over and rule by intimidation, name calling and innuendo. I'm not perfect, far from it, but my default discussion mode isn't flinging poo squarely in someone's face while calling him names. I do make mistakes, and my oft poor memory, mental focus and crazy sleep cycle only compound the difficulties of communicating highly controversial (to them) concepts to highly reactive, actively resistant, sometimes vicious interlocutors. This, though, is a forum for civil discourse, within specified bounds, and I intend to continue to have such conversations, on everything from aa to zymurgy, whether those who despise me like it or not. Nor, in my view, does the board equivalent of screaming, yelling, name calling and worse constitute such civil discourse. I just got through demonstrating that my deriders are now in the minority on the UFO matter, and I can point to polls that show much the same regarding the American views on 9/11, the JFK assassination and more. Yet, somehow, I'm the crazy?

Regards,

John Kettler

You'll note that I did not call you a crazy. However, you continue to post on subjects that garner you the attention that you get - and you do it time and time again - then cry foul when it all blows up.

• You acknowledge in your above-quoted post that you disrupt this board.
  • You cast blame on the mods for not moderating.
  • You then go on to say you'll continue to post in this manner.

You throw the bait out and people take the bait.

What's your definition of a troll?

Bugged,

I am operating in conformity with the Forum Rules. If all I did was post on controversial topics, solely to get a rise out of people, then you might have a case, but I don't. As even a cursory look at my posting history will show, my interests are quite diverse and embrace a gamut of subjects. You'll find, for example, that I've offered many insights into the modern battlefield on CMSF. The Forums, especially this one, used to be pretty tightly moderated in the earlier days, and I've been here since February 2001. Were that level of Mod control still being applied, it would be possible to have rational discussions without all the attendant inanity and nastiness so clearly on display here. Many of those doing this stuff are demonstrably in direct, repeated violation of the Forum Rules, which all Members agreed to honor, and one has been warned officially by BFC because of direct attacks on me. I am, as the saying goes, simply going about my lawful occasions. The GDF is for the free exchange of views--provided the Members keep one foot on the floor. Some here, though, insist on lying fully across the pool table, to complete the metaphor. I was brought up to not tolerate bullying, and that is what some here are indulging in and preen themselves over. As howardb has shown, there ARE people here who are interested in wide ranging intellectual discussions and debate; who do not fear to step out of the narrow boxes that so strangle our ability to think about matters and exchange views concerning them.

Bear in mind, too, that while today I may be the lightning rod, it could just as easily be you or someone you care about the next. We have a place here, for slanging, put downs and worse. It's called the Peng Challenge Thread. This isn't it, and I wish the Mods would simply restore some basic level of control to this veritable present anarchy.

Regards,

John Kettler

Gee.....in 7 years exactly one person has been warned?

Sounds like your protestations of how evil we all are somewhat exagerated!!

Of course it's been pointed out to you by various people how they think you have breached the forum rules too.....and yet here you still are.....probably because no-one wants to actually officially complain - there's too much entertainment value in your posts.

In fact there is more moderation now than there ever has been - the Peng thread is restricted to a single thread, no politicial discussions, etc.

Intellectual discussion is fine. Occasionally even you show signs of indulging in it...... just occasionally....and only signs.

HowardB showed no signs of wanting to engage in intellectual discussion that I recognised - he just wanted to attack someone other than you. He challenged me to say why I thought the subject matter was outrageous - and I repeated what I had already posted (and which he presumably had not read) - and he's not bothered posting since....... that's not what I call intellectual discussion!

It's called the Peng Challenge Thread.

OI! I'll have you know that MBT is a highly articulate, learned and reasoned debating chamber. It just oozes reason, more reason and wisdom and stuff than candyfloss on a reason swivel stick.. its just that its done in code and secret signs so that the silly pillocks who are not so mindful and wise have merely to guess at the rampant erudite philosophising.

I believe Mr Kettler (or JK, just to be on friendly terms) would slip into some comfortable night gear and fit in with the bunch real nice. We'd be terribly impressed with the insights and wot not and there is a cosy little spot where he could sit down and chew over the cud and regurgitate any issue of Atlantis Rising or Sinking or Half-aflloat or maybe Atlantis A Bit Damp with the full knowledge that we'd be at his feet just soaking in every priceless morsel of ...er... stuff. I even hear the Justicar is a quite a fan and will queue up for hours for a good spot.. so, I'd start with him first.