Problems in scenario editor...

BlAin

Hello everyone, I hope that someone could help me out with this:

For some reasons, once I am in the scenario editor, I cannot make the bunkers (whichever type) stay in the completed (and saved) scenario. They do not appear at all.

Furthermore, T-62 tanks are not present in the "Available Units" scroll-down menu (for the Syrians). Is there a way that I could add them to available units?

Thanks!

P.-S.: Also, could not find fox holes either in the map field element list...

The model of tanks in your tank formation depends on the equipment quality that you set, and I think some randomness. Here's from manual page 128:

Republican Guards Tank

GOOD

- T-72M1V TURMS-T

- T-72M1V 2001

Regular Tank

GOOD ......................................... BAD

- T-72M1V .................................... - T-72M1

- T-62MV ..................................... - T-72M (late)

- T-55MV

Reserve Tank

GOOD ......................................... BAD

- T-72M (early) ............................. - T-62 1975

- T-62M ....................................... - T-62 1972

.................................................. - T-55 1974

Static Tank

GOOD

- T-55 1970

- T-54B

So, eg. to get old model T-62's pick a poor quality reserve tank company.

Thank you, that makes way more sense now. Why I asked is because, let's I select a reserve tank company, once it's in the "Activated troops" section, what it would display generically will be "T-72M early" no matter what I wanted. Now what you're saying is that if I change the quality setting of this said unit, it would change to a T-62, for example. I will try it.

What about my bunker problem now? ;)

The bunkers thing is a known issue and it has already been fixed by the upcomng v1.11 patch. You'll find them WAY up in the sky in one corner of the map. Once you find them, click on them and give them a facing command and they'll return to earth and you can move them to where you want. Of course, when you move them, they'll 'disappear' as they go back to their perches above their new location. Just select them again and give them another facing command. Rinse and repeat until you get them where you want them. Hopefully, we won't have to do this for much longer.

Thanks for the input guys.

However, I need to know few more things: first where would be the foxholes and how can I add Stryker M1128 (MGS) since it seems that it is not listed anywhere in the Stryker infantry available troops.

P.-S.: Tested a T-62 against a Bradley, it is now 1-1... hehehe. At closer range (under 500m) the Bradley has a important disadvantage, it seems, it cannot/will not fire its atm. However, its 25mm cannon just went through the T-62 like air through swiss cheese! Seems odd to me, but I guess that it could be u-depleted rounds...

Yeah, I noticed that they were deep inside the 4th platoon. Just to let you know, The MGS that I pitted against some T-62 just obliterated the latter. On the other hand, the T-62 when it got a good shot at the MGS completely detonated it with no crew survival.

I tried also the Stryker M1126 (40mm) against either a BMP-2K and afterwards a BTR and both stood no chance due to the 40mm rounds being fired (at less than 200m though). The BMP's and the BTR's shots were not effectively percing their way into the Stryker's hull. I thought, at least, that the BMP-2 would withstand the 40mm exp-rounds fired by the Stryker but it did not last more than 10~15 sec.?

That's unfortunate that there are no foxholes and no way to have a dugged-in position (the latter which I sorely miss...)

Is there a possibility that foxholes could be added in the scenario editor instead of being generated randomly by the editor? Simply because it is not really practical if you want to put soldiers in the holes in advance if you do not know where they will be generated...

Thanks for the feedbacks...

That's really weird... are they added only in certain types of engagement scenarios?

The small scenario on which I am working is a meeting engagement one... Any clue?

If it's a meeting engagement then both sides are on the move... so why would one have foxholes?

Also, you can't quite "make" a foxhole, but I've found that a V-shaped trench er... tile makes for a reasonable approximation of a two-man or MG fighting position when orientated properly.

That's unfortunate that there are no foxholes and no way to have a dugged-in position (the latter which I sorely miss...)

To get a dug-in position, just play with elevations in the editor. Build the bottom two or three meters below the surrounding elevation and the sides one or two meters higher. Reasonable approximation, works for me.