new patch?

Nupremal

If so I have a request. Al made a tweak to his magnum opus where all infantry moves at 2. My issue is with how the movement routines treat rivers that a unit crosses where all the squares are under friendly control and free from ZoCs. You lose an action point in that situation. It would make sense that there would be a (additional) penalty when the enemy is nearby and has (presumably) dynamited any bridges and/or fiercely defends the ones which are left, but in your own territory shouldn't we assume that there would be intact bridges to facilitate movement, hence no penalty?

• 4 weeks later...

I am actually going to test a new movement system. I did some research on movement vs the scale of my game. I am going to test the following.

HQ/corp/army/eng/sf (marines) are 4 APs

arm 5 APs

para 3 APs

all others AT (garrison)/art/rockets 2 APs

the terrain mods are pretty much the same but over river is +2 (was +1) and adjacent to enemy +2 (was +1).

I was finding myself constantly moving units 1 hex, 1 hex, 1 hex, and not being able to move into position due to situations and the AP point restraint. I think what this system will do is let movement over your own territory fairly easy, yet restrict zip throughs on enemy lines.

So basically a corp would move 4 hexes in 2 weeks (scale) reasonable.

To move between to enemy units UNIT empty hex UNIT it would cost 3 APs (1 for clear hex +2 for adjacent) leaving 1 left. I assume that the rule applies if you move while in contact with enemy units. So they could only move 1 hex.

Now put the same UNIT empty hex UNIT situation behind a river and ONLY armor now can move across or motorized infantry. +30% cost for motorized in my game. This still is just 1 hex in clear weather, in clear terrain.

I will test and see. I made a # of improvements to the global mod adjusting for the system and simply cost of economy for the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Proposals in Storm of Steel (PDE):

- Germany AI invests research points in Industrial Technologies,

- USA AI invests after 1945 in all research paths & production all possible

units,

- AI invests more diplomatic points,

- AI now attack (amphibious, paratroop, etc.) un-garrisoned cities,

- Afrika AI problem repair (Actual fast early (1939-1940) English attack

and

all Africa is UK &... Rommel (with strong AI forces) no arrived to

Libya...),

- now USSR really occupies Finland hexes (Winter War),

- AI attack to new French capitol (Vichy France not created).