Royal Marines Boarding Action!

According to that account, most of the action was over long before the actual boarding took place - which doesn't surprise. A bigger surprise is that the whole pirate vessel and all of the crew weren't devastated in the shooting. Certainly interesting, thanks!

(But shouldn't this be in the GDF? Naggaty nag nag!)

One thing I don't get. Those boats the RMs are using are inflatable, like Zodiacs, right? Seems like that's what the pirates would have been aiming at if they are smart (which is by no means a given). A few holes in those and the RMs would have been shucking heavy gear and trying to keep their noses out of the water. Or have I missed something here?

Michael

One thing I don't get. Those boats the RMs are using are inflatable, like Zodiacs, right? Seems like that's what the pirates would have been aiming at if they are smart (which is by no means a given). A few holes in those and the RMs would have been shucking heavy gear and trying to keep their noses out of the water. Or have I missed something here?

Michael

I don't think they're inflatable. More like solid plastic.

http://www.specialboatservice.co.uk/rigid-raider.htm