Post Pooh mission

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi

is "brothers its hims" or "hims it is, brothers" the last mission!? the one where you link up with the army in a rather smal urban map.

after pooh wich went rather well for me(ultimatively lost a tank), i did milk run wich was great. had great fun there, at first you start crawling and sneaking and the more time goes on you beginn steamrolling :D

whatever, syrian surrender in milk run then i was in this huge map wich featured a PL wounded knee, a objective bernie and nother one, forgott the name of all that :D

this was also going great actually however i got 2 of my 3 tanks imobilized, hope they show up again. this map was really nice, quiet huge and hard to spot things from afar. by the time i remembered i had smoke i didnt needed it anymore.

so now i ask becouse i used lima battery quiet a lot in pooh, so i didnt used lima at all in milk run and the one after that becouse they are in the "orange" ammo area and didnt get any ammo for the last two battles. i figured i spare this for a special moment.

now if this mission wich got "brother" and "hims2 in its name is the last, i have a nice set of arty left to send em to nirvana, also if my imobilized tanks get fixed i should have 3 tanks. the map loos smal though.

ok i finished it yesterday, well i didnt used arty at all, was quiet a waste of time to wait. other then enemies spawning right next to you(50-300meters) it had no difficulties. should have done it earlier.

now iam at afternoon delight, from what i read i cant even win it as there is a bug with this mission!?

• 1 month later...
That's up to the designers. I plan on making some tweaks to "Pooh" and "Milk Run" and releasing them as stand alone battles, probably after 1.11 is released with the updated campaign.

Did these scenarios ever get built? I'd still like to play with Pooh and some of the others as stand alone scenarios instead of having to go all the way through the previous campaign missions to get there.

Some of the USMC campaigns are trickling out to The Repository. So far SNAFU and Route Recon are up there, as well as a new version of the Semper Fi, Syria! campaign. These files, including the campaign, have *very* sparse Red Briefings to make them playable H2H, as well as Blue vs RedAI. There is *NO* BlueAI, so playing Red vs BlueAI is technically possible, but practically pointless.

Pandur, I have no idea what version of the campaign you're playing, however the glitch you mention has been fixed (certainly in the version referred to in the previous paragraph). Note, though, that even if you're playing one of the older versions it makes no effective difference - you will 'lose' Afternoon Delight, but the campaign will progress normally regardless.

The bad news, in the short term, is that these two H2H-capable standalone scens and the revised campaign were saved under V1.20, and therefore won't be accessible to you until the V1.20 patch has been released.

Speaking of post-Pooh missions . . . in the course of Pooh, one of my M1s got bogged in the terrain and was "immobilized", while the other three suffered only light damage and were still combat-effective at the end of the scenario. During the next mission ("Milk Run"), the other three M1s "reported for duty". Should I (or should I not) expect to get this one once-immobilized tank back at some point? I'm not asking for a spoiler of the campaign itself (which I haven't finished, obviously), but I would really appreciate some kind of a hint at least as to what degree of recovery-and-repair work is simulated in the campaign. It's understandable that my infantry casualties are irreplaceable during the time frame of the MEU's mission, but surely an MEU has the means to recover a bogged tank and get it ready by the next day or shortly thereafter, right?