How to identify BFCs original QB-Maps?

Hi Gents

Following problems: I've recently run into a few singleplayer QBs where the AI was sitting at their start point and did not at all do anything intelligent.

Assuming that this isn't an engine bug, I guess it means a few of the user-created QB maps I've loaded (three separate packs from CMMODS) have no AI plans.

Now, with 1.10 delivering 35 more QB maps, likely all to BFCs Gold Standard (various AI plans for each side) I'd like to simple get rid of the user-made QB maps in my folder to avoid any future frustration with QBs. But currently, I have all 1.08 original maps and user made maps mixed together, and don't know which ones to delete. Is there any way to identify BFC-made QB maps (by date or name or somefink?)

Or is there a location on the disk (cabinet file) I can just pull the original ones from and delete everthing else? I'd really hate to do a reinstall over something as small as this.

Thanks for the help

RS

Off the top of my head, would viewing the folder by 'details' (or whatever its called on the PC) work? I mean view-by-date and treat the maps with the oldest associated date as suspect. I'm assuming the original worked-on dates aren't wiped when the game gets installed and updated.

MikeyD, I had a look at the "last changed" dates of the files, and they are pretty mixed (ie, not two solid groups of the same date).

SgtMuhammed, that's a most generous offer. It would already help if I knew how many QBs were included originally and with official patches - that way the "last changed" dates would have more meaning since I could then look for x number of oldest maps.

Thanks all so far.

Hhmm. Most interesting, didn't know that. Did they fix it ultimatly with subsequent patches then?

There ought to be a way to have only tried and tested QB maps... I was under the assumption that all BFC creations had at least 5 AI plans per side.

Kinda stinks to play for 20+ minutes just to find out afterwards that the AI never got moving.

I recall them fixing/replacing the QB maps a looooong time ago, maybe as early as patch v1.03 or something like that. But that's not to say some dogs didn't still manage to sneak through. One thing I've got to do too myself, go through my QB maps starting with the oldest - open them in the editor and double-check the AI orders. Some QB orders turned out as basic as a single destination dot with a 'Max assault' command applied! Spend 5-10 minutes adjusting the AI orders if the map looks worth saving. Otherwise just discard that map as useless.

Well I think more attention should be paid even with stock maps. Some qb maps are very plain and boring, like they were made in a couple of seconds. Its a vital part of the game and BFC should have a dedicated map designer that can actually commit some time to make nice and large maps. When I see hammertime by George MC, with the ditches, elevated roads, fields and all this nicely detailed terrain and then play a QB with a huge mountain in the middle and some trees here and there the contrast is disappointing. Also some graphics should be avoided. An all grassy map comes out uber ugly due to the non shadowed doodads and there is no way you can judge elevations. It can turn out worse than CMBO standards :(

If you Downloaded QBG Quick battle Maps from www.CMMODS.com and wish to delete them all you need to do is :

1. Open your CMSF/Game Quick Battle Maps file

2. delete files that contain "QBG" in it's name.

QBG Maps were made to solve a problem with the early release QB maps. They were designed to work well but are very generic in nature. The reason for that is simple. The QB Battle maps need to support all units represented in the game and in numbers from "Tiny:" to "Huge". They were vetted pretty carefully and have had a reputation for working as advertised. Since those days new QB Maps have been added with the progressive patches. Many of these are more detailed and some are down right pretty. I am always on the lookout for broken QB Maps, whatever the source. So if anyone has trouble with a QB map please try to provide:

1. A screen shot of the map

2. a description of the Map type (ie: Attack/City, Meeting Engagement/forest

With this info I may be able to isolate and repair the map.