Nvidia 23.12 Drivers

I'm reading great things about these drivers. Supposedly they are faster and prettier than anything they've given us yet. I wonder if they will finally allow us to use FSAA in CM without corruption? No Nvidia driver has done that since 7.78, which I still use.

If anybody tries these drivers please let us know what you think. I'm not going to risk it myself since everything is running so well for me right now.

Treeburst155 out.

Did you take a long vacation Treeburst. I have to force 2x FSAA using the 15.70 drivers to get CM to work without corruption. In fact, the curring Win2000/XP solution for getting CM to run depends on 2 or 4x FSAA under a variety of nVidia drivers.

WWB

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]</p>

I'm running WinMe and a GF2 Pro so my problem is just using FSAA without getting the font corruption. I will NEVER upgrade to XP because of the gaming problems and because I shuffle hardware too much. I'd spend half my life on the phone with M$.

Nothing since 7.78 allows for perfect CM FSAA on my machine. Eventually I will want to upgrade when the latest drivers are actually noticeably faster on my GF2. That's why I'm curious about Nvidia's latest. People are liking these drivers.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

well, i just tried the 23.11 (released 12/3/2001)driver from nvidia and am experiencing a decrease in performance in other games, but CM works fine, dont ask me how and why this driver is worse, cuz i dont have a clue, but since some other games dont run well with 23.11 ,i went back to the 21.81 driver, dont know anything about this 23.12 driver your talking about, but im curious

I don't expect the 23.12's to fix the transparency problem and the 'flickering' may remain too without forcing FSAA.

I'm under the impression that the upcoming 26.xx series of Detonators may fix some of these problems (like the 'white transparency'). A few drivers before this may help, but I don't know.

A large number of users claimed to have problems with the 23.11/23.10's, especially users who had motherobards based on some VIA chipsets (but not all VIA's and not only relegated to those chipsets). I've heard that NVidia traded off some visual quality for speed with the 23.xx drivers and changed a few memory settings that caused problems. From what I hear the 23.12's are supposed to have better visual quality, but with a possible reduction in speed compared to the 23.10/23.11's.

CMBO doesn't have a particular problem with the 23.xx series of drivers, but some users may experience problems with them due to their hardware setup. For these people I suggest getting the 14.70 drivers, which should work for them instead.

Der Kriegsherr,

To switch drivers I just install the standard VGA driver, reboot so it takes affect, then install the driver I want. I always go back to the VGA driver and reboot before I install another one. I've never had any problems doing it this way, but I don't make a habit of changing drivers either.

Treeburst155 out.