So what do you think about BMP-3M?

Developers have tried to model BMP-3M as close to the real thing as possible (well, duh!)

So after you guys have had the opportunity to play with it - what do you think?

What do you like about it? Dislike? How do you compare it to Bradley?

If you had a choice between the two which one would you pick?

hm, thats hard to say but for me the BMP-3 is slightly favoured over the bradley. its downsides, the lighter armor and weaker/less accurate tube fired ATGM are for me set off by the fact that it is quiet a bit faster and got not 2 but about 7 or 8 up to 10 ATGM´s ready.

however if you loose one early you have to make sure to get all surviving troops out of its area becouse it will mostly burn and that make the ammo go up. quiet unpleasent :D

also i like the BMP-3 better for "pure" infantry support due to the 100mm HE ´s.

the brad gets points in suvivability. compared to all other PC or APC´s.

and weaker/less accurate tube fired ATGM

Hm...That's weird. I would expect that ATGM is the one thing that makes BMP-3M stand up to Bradley when comparing.

Has this "inaccuracy" been observed regularly? What was the crew quality?

BMP-3's ATGM should be as accurate as T-90's all else being equal.:confused:

I just had a battle against BMP-3M in the campaign, and im not impressed by them. They never got of to fire a single round, only a small burst of 30mm. dont remember how many there was (6-7 maybe?) but all got killed by 81mm mortar or javelin.

I havent tryed to play WITH them yet, guess I have to do that to someday (Im a blue player)

/Chainsaw

"Hm...That's weird. I would expect that ATGM is the one thing that makes BMP-3M stand up to Bradley when comparing.

Has this "inaccuracy" been observed regularly? What was the crew quality?"

well i saw it leave its intended flightpath more often as bradleys TOW´s. but on the other hand seeing a tow beeing fired from a brad is a rare sight for me so i only saw it hiting so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Chainsaw wrote: "but all got killed by 81mm mortar or javelin."

By coincidence just last night I got my first hard kill against a BMP-3 using 'armor' targeted mortars. I hadn't heard anything about BFC tweaking the usually near-useless 'armor' targeting of artillery. Maybe I was either lucky this time or just unlucky all the previous times! ;)

Its hard to judge BMP-3 as a stand-alone system. All alone even an Abrams can die quick. I've found that when its used as infantry support in a properly balanced combined arms battle it can put the fear-of-God into your opponents in way a mere BMP-1 and BMP-2 can't.