White shell casings?

Hi chaps, I recently had to repair my computer and in the process I added a 9800GTX+, I did this before I got to play Marines but after the last time I played CM:SF so I'm not sure if it's me or the game. Now all the ejecting brass in the games has turned white instead of the simple texture it is supposed to have, is this a known issue?

I have latest versions of everything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just saw this, and I have the same problem. I don't have the Marines Module installed though, and I've had white shell casings all along...I guess it must be a graphics card issue since people aren't all over this thread. I have a 8800 GTS.

Dunno...doesn't really bother me much though :)

c3k, I have now also noticed that I don't have the white casings in every scenario...to be exact, I seem to have them in all the original CMSF scenarios, but not in ones I have downloaded from CMMods (just playing TF Narwick, excellent stuff that!!!). which is odd but I can't figure out what it might mean. I have no modules or mods installed, so that can't be an issue. weird one...

You may find shell casing or other objects that reflect sunlight look "normal" on a cloudy day...I had this with both my Nvidia cards (specifically a fender insert on the T72...only!?) BFC is aware...my understanding is it has something to do with the cards reading color saturation...

MarkEzra,

Thanks for the response! As long as BF.C is aware of it, that's all I could hope for. (In the greater scheme of things, I love that the wrong color shell casings can even be a topic for discussion in a game simulating engagements up to a battalion in size!)

Thanks,

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: Gents, I was suffering from the dread white shell casings. Oh, did I say "was"? Indeed, "was". No longer.

Nvidia based evga 8800gtx; since I've been running the latest WHQL drivers, v182.06, the shell casings have been correct. :)

Update and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Ken