Request to Scenario Designers

Please don't have my reinforcements spawn in enemy view and vice versa. It is a complete immersion killer. Two spoilers from the Marines campaign illustrate my point:

WEEE! SPOILERS

Third mission, defending the flank: On my left flank, my reinforcements spawned at the very back of the map. Two rifle squads and an HQ squad on the top of the cliff, two AAVs in the canyon. However, the mouth of the canyon was blocked by an intact T-62 that I hadn't been able to kill yet, and another T-62 (that I was sneaking up on with a SMAW team) was only about 70m away from the infantry. Neither my infantry nor my AAVs could retreat, because there was nowhere to retreat to. I lost both AAVs; all they could do was frantically pop smoke and fire 40mm grenades at the tanks until they (the AAVs) blew up. The other T-62 killed at least 10 of my Marines in the rifle squads before I silenced it.

Objective Pooh mission: the MTVRs spawn in LOS of an ATGM team that I hadn't noticed, because up until that point I had been able to keep my vehicles protected from it. However, I couldn't protect the MTVRs because they had just spawned in, and I didn't have time to move them.

Please, make sure that this doesn't happen again. I appreciate all of your hard work, and the scenarios are very, very fun except for this one issue. Thanks for listening! :D

FMB, overall I most certainly agree. Dropping reinforcements in LOS of the enemy can be frustrating.

However, I feel that there are exceptions to the rule. Regarding the "Flank Guard" campaign mission, the mission objective is essentially to keep the Syrians from reaching the opposite map edge. There is a TOUCH objective there so you probably already lost the mission if the T-62 made it through. Think of the mission goal as defending your reinforcements spawn point...

It's certainly frustrating if overdone but it's part of the design for that particular mission. Which, admittedly, is a little mean by design, too. It's supposed to be quite hard. If you win it on the first try AND without too heavy losses then you're a very good player IMO and able to manage limited resources well.

Actually, I ended up still winning the scenario--the Syrians surrendered, but I did have way more points than they did. It's just that you would think that they would be yelling over the radio "DON'T COME THROUGH THE CANYON! FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU'RE GOING TO DIE IF YOU COME THROUGH THE CANYON!"

Point taken though. ;)

Hehe, it's funny, in my first run through that mission I was blessed with an exceptionally good SMAW gunner, as the Syrians lost a T-62 right where it spawned! Funny enough, I would never have asked the team to attempt such a long range shot, but it seems they knew better! So, don't feel so bad, your AAV's were avanged :).

Just another little note for scenario designers please put in the brief mission description what side you are supposed to play as. I'm talking about the small green text before you choose what side to play. It's caught me out a couple of times when I've chosen a side finding out that the opposing side has no AI plan and I've already discovered the setup positions of the side I'm supposed to be playing against.