Campaign question

I am finalizing my campaign and each time I try and make the CAM file and start the campaign, there are no units. But when I play the scenarios by themselves the troops are all where they are supposed to be. I followed the directions to the the T. I loaded the file with the core units(the first in the campaign) and made the CAM file. What am I doing wrong?

Open up one of your campaign missions in the editor, any one will do, and in the units section, click on import campaign unitsand it will ask you which file. That's the file where your core units are located. You'll see all the Blue core units units there. Once you've done that, report back here and tell us what happened.

Each scenario in the campaign has core units in it. I visually confirmed each scenario to be sure. I imported the units from the core unit I chose in the first scenario. But when I start the campaign no units there? Why would there be no units in the first scenario?

I am finalizing my campaign and each time I try and make the CAM file and start the campaign, there are no units. But when I play the scenarios by themselves the troops are all where they are supposed to be. I followed the directions to the the T. I loaded the file with the core units(the first in the campaign) and made the CAM file. What am I doing wrong?

Each scenario in the campaign has core units in it. I visually confirmed each scenario to be sure. I imported the units from the core unit I chose in the first scenario. But when I start the campaign no units there? Why would there be no units in the first scenario?

The file with the core units is not the first scenario in the campaign but a completely separate file used purely for importing of units into scenarios. Don't include this file in the campaign, if that's what you are doing.

Ok new problem. When i start the campaign all the units are there except one. A humvee w/ a jtac unit onboard. The jtac unit is now on the ground and humvee is missing. Any ideas? When i start the scenerio the humvee is there. I checked and made sure it is on the core list, and it was.

No because I have made several CAM files since then, so I assume it should have synced. No matter wher I place the humvee with the JTAC crew, I end up with a JTAC crew on the ground and no humvee. I even wiped out all the units and replaced them all in the scenerios with the newest version of the core units. At a loss.

Any time you make a change to the core units file you must resynch all the missions where those changes apply. It doesn't happen automatically. I made the same assumption when I made my first campaign.

Please let me know if you were able to get the humvee into the compiled campaign missions. I had a very similar problem with the FOS' jeep in the Perdition mini campaign. It's in the individual missions but after compiling, it's gone.

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are looking into it.

As for the synching... it has to be done manually. So when you make a change to your Core Units File you have to reimport (synch) each and every battle for those changes to carry forward. The reason is that when the CAM file is created it takes all of the current data in each individual battle and that's what goes into the CAM. The Core Units file is simply there as a reference point so the system can make comparisons in between battles. Otherwise there would be a massive potential for major disasters.

Fortunately, the synch doesn't take too much time to do. Even for a Campaign with 20 or more individual battles it doesn't take more than a minute or two each battle. The biggest issue is making sure you don't forget to delete the unneeded units and to not delete the ones that are supposed to be there :D

Steve

ok, I was playing around a bit with the red side and the UAZ 469 doesnt show up either. All the units that dont show are not assigned to units. Yes they show up under an Infantry BN or whatnot, but if you purchase a BN on either side and go to deploy and select the whole BN by double clicking on the BN cdr and move them the M1114 and the UAZ 469 both stay in their initial position. I would think that would be saying they are not part of a unit, therefore when loaded in campaign mode the campaign file is not picking up these vehicles as part of the unit they should be assigned to. So by the campaign file there is no UAZ or M1114. Hope this helps to locate the problem somewhat.

• 1 year later...

*Bump!*

Did this problem ever get fixed? If so, it's reared its ugly head again. If you make the recce platoon of a Brit Light Infantry formation a campaign core unit, its veichles won't show up in the campaign's battles. However, the recce teams themselves will. The TUM ST/FFR veichles without designated drivers are also missing. All veichles with their own crews seem to show up properly -- including the fire support section WMIKs/MWMIKs.