Who else is more excited about the addition of the t-90 and bmp-3 than the Marines ?

If it was, it probably would say it on the website. My guess is no.

I have to admit that I'm more excited about the Marines, but that's not so much for gameplay reasons so much as that I really like the USMC in real life and am considering OCS. So I can understand why you are more excited about the T-90. ;)

hm, iam mostly excited about the new features and gameplay additions featured in the marine module, after that iam exited about the new RED units(vehicles as inf), after that...some way down the road are the marines comming, wich arent all too important but i get them too, so ill take em.

I think I'm mostly excited about the gameplay / AI improvemnts for Infantry.........Along with some of the tweaks adittions to the user interface...(GUI/UI)...

Question? Will there be able to have combined force missions - Using both Army and Marine units together now?.......I would assume so.......but why assume...

I think I'm mostly excited about the gameplay / AI improvemnts for Infantry.........Along with some of the tweaks adittions to the user interface...(GUI/UI)...

Question? Will there be able to have combined force missions - Using both Army and Marine units together now?.......I would assume so.......but why assume...

I am almost positive that this is the case. The layout of the scenario editor seems to indicate that multiple selections can be made for the Blue force, separated like the Syrian Army and Uncons are now.

Yes, with a bit of scenario editor shenannigans, you can mix Red and Blue any old way you please. There are a number of scenarios out there that have used this flexibility to, for example, portray U.S. SF teams leading a force of Uncon irregulars.

While it would be nice to eventually get some actual Red Air support, for now you can also add Blue Air Support to an otherwise Red force if you wish. I've never done it myself, but I know it can be done. . . I believe you do have to be careful to make sure there's someone in the Red Ground forces that can actually call in the Air Support; unlike Blue, where even a basic Infantry Team can call in the heaviest off-map support (albiet at time and accuracy penalty), with Red forces IIRC you need a specialized unit or HQ to call in heavier support.

There is also a mod for Red Air Support with proper aircraft and helicopters. Comes in Syrian and Russian AF flavors.

With regards to original topic - BMP-3 and T90 is why i am buying it. Marines will be more of the same thing (with even MORE firepower to dish out on poor Syrian AI), but T-90 should be something special. Can't wait to see Shtora-1 in action!

Oh, how i wish for a Russian module - so much weird/cool/unusual (in gameplay terms) equipment of so many varieties to play around with as well access to high quality Red infantry. And so many possibilities for scenario and campaign designers (pretty much the last 15 years in Caucasus, from Tadjikistan in '92 to current South Ossetian confrontation).

There are talks between Medvedev and Assad about building a Russian base in Syria, so maybe Russian Airborne or Marine battalion could be snuck in with Brits as a present for Red on Red enthusiasts. Justification could be that if there is a base on foreign soil, it will probably house at least a battalion of marines (most likely) or airborne units.

Absolutely 100%. I'm definitely going to give the Marines units a try out at the start but I'm certain that after a few days/weeks, I'll return exclusively to the Red fold once again.

With regards to the enhancements to gameplay, it would appear that almost all of these will be made available to everybody as a patch so that's not a good reason for buying the Marines module. The only reason for buying it is to get the new units and of those, the T-90 will undoubtably be the star of the show for me. And the BMP-3 equipped Syrian Mech Infantry units with their ability to split into teams will let me develop missions that feature modern Russian Infantry units. Goodbye Syrian Theatre of Operations.

With respect to Red air power, yes, it can be included for Red v Red missions but it's a workaround and it's not hugely satisfying. However, Steve has already said that Red airpower will be included in the Brit module (i.e. done properly) so that will be worth waiting for as Red air power is very effective in it's own right.

Funny, with the real life Russian bear waking again, I think BFC might be taking a bit too much of an anglo-centric view.

The Hezbollah/Israel combat in 2006 seemed to be very influential on development, the latest fighting in Georgia seems to be just as interesting. All of these are mainly influential to the red TO&E. I think it would be a worthy addition to make the next module a Red module to set the CMSF setting free into Afghanistan, Africa etc. I can understand that there might not be a whole lot of terrain changes in future modules, so within those limits I would want the most flexibility possible, and in a historical sense, that means soviet era equipment and low tech skirmishes.