Blue Perspective Sound Mod

Blue Perspective Sound Mod on cmmods.com

I made this to change out some of the sounds I found annoying and added some that I felt were at least a little more authentic.

This mod is meant to be played from the BLUE perspective!!!!

Some of the red rifle sounds are now very high-pitched sounds meant to sound like the crack when you're getting shot at. So obviously, playing from red, the sounds would be backwards. Other than that, I like it.

I couldn't stand the grenade explosions so I fixed those. They sounded like sugar being poured into my coffee, not like grenade.

This same grenade sound is heard during air-strafing runs. Sounds better to me.

Red rifles and svd have loud crack when shooting at you.

M2 .50 cal... I was a .50 gunner and I just wanted more authentic sound.

The Bradley gun sounded like a wet sponge hitting another wet sponge.

A couple others.

Mix and match, let me know what you think.

I understand the 1.1 patch/Marines will be adding new sounds that are supposed to be very good. So I'm wondering if sound mods will make much of a difference after it comes out.

YES! They will LOL. Just that much more to play with. I can't wait.

Mord.

Chainsaw,

To me, the .50cal sounds much more real. The mk19 gl sounds better to me too (I have heard those shot many times). It's not perfect, but it does sound a little closer to real than the stock sound. How did you like the red shots being fired at you? How about the grenade explosions? And the strafing airstrikes?

Mord,

I watched a few of the Marines videos and they were full of the same annoying sounds that I changed. The worst is the grenade explosions. They sound nothing like grenades.

well the incoming fire sounds nice, exept that it doesnt seem to rule for all enemy guns? I had some heavy MG firing at me with the old sounds?

about the strafing airstrikes I wouldnt know, I havent had them in any scenario yet and im terrible afraid of them "They are airforce, we are army, they love killing us" kinda.

the handgrenades sounded more realistic then default (those ive tosed around a few of). maybe some more "bang" in them would be nice.

about the 40mm, OK if you say so :) I use it anyway as its a nice change, the 40mm we had was a bit more "boom boom" but thats because they where mounted on CV90s and fired APFSDS :P

/Chainsaw

Chainsaw,

Yeah, I agree totally about the 40mm, it should have more boom boom in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5AQIlmM0I

As far as the incoming, it sounded a little too odd with all the enemy rifles and mg's with the high pitched crack. Leaving the mg's, for me anyway, added a nice mix. Although I wouldn't mind redoing a few of them at some point.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback. When I find better sounds I'll be adding those to the collective pool of cmmods gunshot sounds.

Cool video. But our 40mm mk-19 is a different weapon entirely. It lobs "grenade" type of rounds. Defensively, we used ours to cover defiladed areas. This means we had them pre-registered to lob grenades into ditches or behind small hills where the enemy was likely to approach. So the mk19 fires in much more of an arc than the bofors canon in the video. That thing is more like a canon than a grenade launcher. The mk19 fires with a much smaller velocity and has a different sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J109ykltIrA

Yeah know, I use it all the time in CMSF as suppresing tool :)

I was more joking around with you about using our 40mm ;)

our Bofors is a anti aircraft gun, L71 mounted into our latest CV90 and as you say, are a totally different weapon.

btw, explosion a, is it used both for 40mm grenade hits as well for handgrenade detonations?

/Chainsaw

• 1 month later...

Chainsaw,

That was impressive! Believe that APFSDS round will go right through the front of a T-55,something Bradley's firing a DU version could only do through the sides. The gated prox fuze is very clever, in that it's much harder to screw with it than one that runs wide open all the way to the target, making it quite vulnerable if "fuze poppers" are in use. Love the selectable fuze! Bet my brother, during his 2/11 ACR days in a Brad, would've killed for something this powerful, flexible and quiet. As it was, he and his buddies were green with envy over the Bundeswehr recon unit's Luchs, quiet, with just enough armament to break contact, but not enough to encourage tank behavior, plus instant departure via rear facing additional driver, just like the 8-Rads of WW II!

Regards,

John Kettler