Quick Battle Questions

Well I went ahead and bought the game. Looked at the quick battle which was blanked in the demo. I was really surprised at how plain and generic the random map is. Then I looked at the files and found maps. Doesn't the game make a random map where the player can choose the town/city size, amount of hills, amount of trees etc like cmx1?

Next question. I couldn't figure out how to move the units in the setup prior to issuing move orders. How is this done?

And last question for now. Why are there folders with files in all these other languages? And is it ok to just delete them?

Thanks for any help.

There are a ton of premade QB maps on Cmmods. MarkEzra, Mishga and a few others got together to create them. The map making is much more complex in CMSF compared to CMBO and the like. It's too hard for the comp to put together anything half way decent.

However, Steve has stated that eventually they'd like to introduce what he's calling Meta Tiles to the QB map editor that will allow the program to make some on the fly maps that don't look stupid. Try a search on Metatile or megatile and the thread should pop up. You should be pleased. They are also talking of restructuring how units are purchased in QBs.

CMSF takes some getting used to when your brain is still wrapped around CMX1 games but with some time playing around with it, reading the boards, and seeing how dedicated Battlefront is to making the game rock, you won't look back much if at all...I love the old games, but man this new engine kills.

Mord.

You move units by issuing them move orders like you would during normal play, though the move will, of course, be instantaneous.

Yup, you can delete the foreign language files if you don't plan on using them. They are installed in the 1st place to allow you to switch from one language to another instead of deciding this upon installation, IIRC.

Wm

Next question. I couldn't figure out how to move the units in the setup prior to issuing move orders. How is this done?

Thanks for any help.

You can use any of the 'move' orders on the menu that appears when you select a unit and hit the space bar, so long as you only move onto the setup zone (recognized by being in a more puce shade beyond the colour of the normal terrain, ok? and not the edge of the border either, it has to be on the darkest shade). Any time you put a move outside of the setup zone your unit will not immediate shift there, but will move in that direction once you start the game proper.

Does that make sense to you?