exciting new earthquake and deforestation bug for your delectation!

Great to have you back. It's been hell out here, and lonely too!

I've discovered a lovely new bug. It seems to be unique, never had it before, and it's quite spectacular. Playing the Hasrabit campaign in WEGO elite, thirteen minutes before the end just after start of turn, I got a huge camera shake, like an earthquake or like I was sat right next to a bombstrike, except there were no bombs.

When the shake stopped I found that every single low wall on the map had been reduced to smoking rubble, and the landscape had been denuded. Every single tree and bush (and there are many) had vanished from the entire battlefield! It stayed that way till the end of the battle.

Also, after that, my artillery got a bit erratic - missions cancelled for no apparent reason. New missions also set up then denied. Don't know if that's connected.

Luckily, I'd just saved, and it's reproducible, at least on my machine. So if anyone there on high wants to take a look, let me have your email.

As I said, I've never encountered it before or since, so it's fairly minor, but you might want to investigate all the same.

I hope the devs are carefully keeping files of the code that produces such amazing effects, the tac nuke from before the Forum migration and similar. Why? Think of the time that'll be saved as the engine grows into such projects as SLOD, where people will see such things as attractive, realistic game features!

Regards,

John Kettler