Real AAR's with Maps

Hi,

im looking for a new scenario but have no ideas.

I would like to build a "real" action in cmsf but cant find good AAR's of real actions in Iraq or afghanistan with maps witch show the terrain and the movement.

Are there anyone who knows something on the web ?

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Here is one from B Co 2nd Tank Battalion 2nd Marine Division.

OIF AAR

No map but a good detailed description of some action.

The site also has a general AAR for OIF.

Great, so now all he has to do is wait for the USMC module to come out. smile.gif </font>

I just finished Jim Lacey's book, "Take Down: The 3rd Infantry Division's Twenty-one Day Assault on Baghdad". This was unbelievable, a fabulous account of the untold stories of the battles of OIF. There have got to be at least ten or twenty great ideas for CMSF scenarios. Here are a few I recommend. I'm starting on some of these.

1. Debecka Ridge. A squad of US special forces is attacked by an Iraqi mech infantry company, including 4 tanks and 10+ APCs in northern Iraq

2. Objective Monty: Elements of the 3rd Brigade of the 3rd ID try to hold a bridge north of Baghdad against a furious Iraqi counter attack. Only an emergency artillery strike prevented them from being overrun.

3. Counter attack at the al Qa'id Brigde (Obj. Peach)near Karbala: 10th Brigade of the Medina Division tries to retake the bridge captured that day by the 3rd ID. US CAS has other ideas.

4. Objective Moe: Task Force Gator (TF 3-15 IN) a mech infantry company of the 2nd BCT of 3rd ID is tasked with taking and holding the key intersection between the airport and downtown Baghdad to hold the lines of supply open for the 3rd ID's drive into Baghdad. They will be attacked by tanks, APCs, trucks, buses, taxis, suicide bombers and masses of infantry and irregulars and come within minutes of completely running out of ammo.

5. Objective Curley: a hastily thrown together mech infanty company is tasked with holding a key intersection south of Baghdad. They come within minutes of being over run before receiving reinforcements.

6. East Woody: after holding a key part of downtown Baghdad, TF 4-64 AR of 2nd BCT face a massive counter attack from across a bridge over the Tigris

7. As Samawah: lead elements of 3-7 Cav in the town of As Samawah, a lone Bradley and M1 tank, are surrounded and attacked by over 200 Fedayeen. Historical outcome: 200 dead Fedayeen, no US casualties.

These are a few of my favorites. Some additional ideas include:

Al Hillah

An Nasariyah

1st Thunder Run

The Four Corners (outside Baghdad airport)

An Najaf I and II

Obj. Rommel

Obj. Murray

Obj. Jenkins (Al Kifl)

Obj. Montgomery (3-7 CAV protects the western flank of 3rd ID)

... and many others.

I have a draft of the obj Peach counterattack scenario and am beginning work on obj. Moe.

[ April 12, 2008, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: CommC ]