Will it Die? Alpha screens

I have been working on a very large map (2000x2000 meters) since CMSF came out, lost focus on it and now with 1.04,1.05 patches I was remotivated to get back on it.

No timeline to finish it, maybe a few weeks, month. I hope to include a campaign of the work.

The maps are based on actual locations around my hometown and rural area. I am attempting to do them to scale. I also included some screens of a interesting situation that I caught while playing hotseat to play test the BLUEFOR and OPFOR balance. This RPG is just about to impact the side of the Abrams. I haven't played past that point. It was at the end of a turn and I was just roaming around inspecting units and noticed it. So, will it die? smile.gif Considering the spot on the side panels I'd say no. Like I said, I haven't played past the screen so I don't even know yet. I'll know by morning what happened. I'm sure screens of almost impacts have been posted before,sorry not seting it up, it was just funny to see it as something I didn't try to have occur.

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-08-45-04.jpg

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-08-22-68.jpg

Now to the actual screens of the first map I am designing. Any pointers, critism or ideas are appreciated. I have thick skin, so if you want to come with both barrels go for it. My first thoughts are it's damn near unplayable because of the amount of units and the size of the map. Maybe scaling down the unit strengths would make it more enjoyable to a live play. This is more of a "Alpha " version, I haven't placed much eye candy yet and not sure how much I'll be able to with the size of the map.

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-13-14-07.jpg

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-10-55-87.jpg

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-10-25-46.jpg

CMShockForce2007-12-1619-09-50-60.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I'd like to say I know what is going to happen but it will wait until tonight. I ran into some CTD when I fired it back up. At the turn change I had F-16 fighters coming in to pound a few buildings. It must have been too much because three tries to run the turn I CTD. Need to adjust some things. That was a RPG-7 coming from the 5th story of a building nearby, about 100 meters away.

I'm running 1.05 now, I'm curious what I would need to change on this map to make it "1.05". I've read peoples posts that they are "making it 1.05" when they are working on older maps. I figured just saving it again is doing that? Regardless, I am getting some terrible lag running the map on hotseat while watching the battle unfold. But when I go to watch the video it runs seemless with no lag.