Extended time limit

I'd like to see the time limit extended from 2 hours to say... 4 hours. The reinforcements also from 1 hour to 3 hours.

I like to take may time. I like to save a mission and then carry on the next day. I can think of many scenarios where more time would make for a really realistic and immersive experience, conter attacks, regrouping, etc.

It would take a minute to code this.

Also there is no down side to it. One can still design battles that will last only 30 minutes.

-

[ November 24, 2007, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by vincere:

Longer time limit for me too, but we would then run into other issues such as ammo supply.

That will be up to the scenario designers... They would have to give you reinforcements that include strykers/apc's full of ammo.

But I am also all for more time. It could be worked out easily I think.

With the Red side given the option to resupply in a scenario, this is even more feasible now especially for 2 player games. However, I think ammo is the real reason why the battles are restricted to 2 hours. You REALLY blow through the ammo very quickly in MOUT operations and ONLY the human player can resupply. The only way the AI can do this is with more reinforcements and that usually increases the processor's workload.