Scenario: Al R'lyeh Mosque

Play as blue attacker. Lead most of a Stryker company against insurgents holding a mosque and environs. A small scenario.

This scenario is incomplete. There is no briefing, no Blue AI plans, only two Red AI plans, etc. etc.

It will be polished up eventually.

ARM01.jpg

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6iuryvylb0v

Feel free to use the map for your own scenarios. I don't even care if you do not give me any credit whatsoever.

This is just a part of a bigger map. The ability to crop smaller areas from existing maps is a boon, to be sure.

[ August 27, 2007, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: James McKenzie-Smith ]

Finished it, its to easy atm, too much firepower and too little opposition. The reinforcements are also unneccesary. Either buff the defenders (more rpgs) or reduce the amount of us firepower. The map is nice, with a lot of potential for enemy defense.

btw al fuq mosque is just poor taste

Judging by your finding the mosque's rude name, I seem to have uploaded an earlier version of the scenario. Unfortunately, my error also means that you had the wrong scoring scheme in place. Apologies on both counts.

Thanks for the input re. the ease of the scenario. Did you use WEGO or RT? Was the scenario too long, too short, or Goldilocks?

It should be noted that I tend to opt for longer than necessary scenarios, as the user can always ceasefire after the fat lady sings.

New file posted above. I've included the one with the correct mosque name and correct points scheme; I have also added three antiarmour systems to the Red side. I have not removed the MGS systems at this time...I like to try out one improvement at a time, and the Red AT weapons are it.

No other improvements as of yet.

Replayed the new version at RT veteran, still very easy. Somehow the rpgs dont take out my strikers, they did kill my machinegun nest, so props to that smile.gif Didnt need half the strikers. Maybe up the quality of resistance or just more would be better, anyway its a nice city map to play with the infantry.