nVidia 169.21 drivers

Same problems here. Hang ups, redraws, stuttering in game, followed by some sort of shutdown message about a C++ runtime error.

Then I'll get a "nvlddmkm" error message.

Vista x64, evga 8800gtx. Using 169.28.

The black screen of death is a sure thing with CMSF. This makes it unplayable.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Why not just stick to a version that you know works, instead of upgrading and then having to back out every time?

If everyone behaved like that we would still be living in caves ;) Sorry could not resist it - don't take it too seriously! (yes - I'm bored, waiting for the Paradox fix)

Perhaps, but its pretty fundamental tenant of IT that you test upgrades before implementing them in a production environment.

Now most people don’t have a test machine at home but I would have thought subscribing to the various tech threads that I guess are out there in Windoze land would give people an indication that a new driver worked or not BEFORE they upgrade their one and only machine.

“Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead” is not a recipe for a low stress computer environment (but then again, nor is running Windows to start with). smile.gif

Still waiting for that Paradox fix...

Nope that's correct, but at the other hand the graphics drivers are rather easy to roll back, and as I don't have any SLA obligations to myself about 7x24 uptime on my gaming rig, I can handle the necessary reboot to revert to the old version if the driver seems bad smile.gif

Still waiting...

/Mazex

Interestingly I installed 169.28 beta drivers, and lost the ability to turn on shadows, but did get the ability to run the game with maxed out graphics (including v-synch and anti-aliasing turned on) at around 20fps - which is quite playable. Switched back to 169.21, and got the ability to turn shadows on again, but then performance at 12 fps (not so playable). Am glad I have the choice, however.

Running XP dual core with 2gb RAM and NVIDIA 8600 GT graphics card.