Multiplayer 1.04

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I'm fresh registered but not new to this forum...

I'm playing CM since the first Demo of CMBO and nearly exclusively TCPip with my brother.

While the offline solo play of CMSF is really enjoyable since 1.04, onlineplay is simply not possible. There are so many bugs I don't know where to start...

I read this forums since many years but i haven't read anything from the mods about the busted onlineplay in CMSF.

What's even more strange is the fact that only 3-4 people in this forum have complained about TCPIP multiplayer in CMSF.

Am I the only one who wants to play online and not pbem?

Where are you people?

Regroup! ;)

Leon

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english... I'm german

Originally posted by troupierLEON:

Hi all.

I'm fresh registered but not new to this forum...

I'm playing CM since the first Demo of CMBO and nearly exclusively TCPip with my brother.

While the offline solo play of CMSF is really enjoyable since 1.04, onlineplay is simply not possible. There are so many bugs I don't know where to start...

I read this forums since many years but i haven't read anything from the mods about the busted onlineplay in CMSF.

What's even more strange is the fact that only 3-4 people in this forum have complained about TCPIP multiplayer in CMSF.

Am I the only one who wants to play online and not pbem?

Where are you people?

Regroup! ;)

Leon

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english... I'm german

its not only three and the CMSF team is looking into it

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=000426

Ok. It's not 3... but 5? ;)

Multiplayer is busted since the game was released... I was able to connect with 1.04 too, but there were strange bugs wich aren't there in soloplay. Like the signs are far away from the unit itself and units are not reacting for the orders their given... and it wasn't something like "hey they are busy doing something else" they were there for 10 minutes and they don't reacted for an "look this direction" order...

and this are just the little things... we waited 2 minutes before we hit the "go" button... if you wait less, there is no chance to play any "normal" game...

please Steve, Rune or someone else from the real guys... reply to this post annd tell me you are working on this...

thanks..

[ October 17, 2007, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: troupierLEON ]

Thanks for the response Madmatt and good to hear that there will be something done for tcp multiplay in 1.05, but TCP isn't broken since 1.04. It is unplayable since 1.01.

There may be some NEW "I can't connect at all" bugs introduced in 1.04 (I, by the way, can connect) but I want to see one post of someone who played a TCP game (started without waiting, and not the really tiny maps) without serious bugs which made the game unplayable.

There are passengers in trucks and humvees floating in the air,

half of a squad stays put when you give an order,

icons are floating somewhere but not near the unit they are presenting,

units don't respond at all,

huge lags on bigger maps (I have an 16Mbit conncection with good ping to my opponent,

and so on.

Sorry to say this, but I feel kinda fooled when you say all this isn't happending or just a bug of 1.04.

Anyway, thanks for this great game (at least soloplay smile.gif ) and for the fantastic support.

Leon

Hi Leon, I know that Charles said that the TCP issue from v1.04 was more involved than simply not being able to connect and was still looking deeper into the root cause. That *could* mean that some of the other MP issues you have been seeing will also improve as well.

I can't say for sure though at the moment because I simply haven't done much of the MP testing yet with v1.05 but I will make a point of looking into it when I can.

Madmatt