serious problems with 1.04

athon 64X2 5200, XP 2 gig ram, 8800GTX I and two others set about to play TCP nobody could get the game to work. Note: we could connect but it repeatedly froze and didnt complete loading. we could move about the battlefield but it wouldnt load. When it managed to load I got an error message and had to drop out, when I didnt get the error message ("CMSF HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE") my opponent got the message and he had to drop out. First I tried to connect with Mike and when he gave up I tried to play 1812. It wouldnt work. Before 1.04 I could play on the internet but the frames were slow but I could play. Now I cant play multiplayer TCP

[ October 12, 2007, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: bheilbrunn ]

Hi All,

I can confirm that one cannot connect using hamachi either. You progress to the game screen. then a message appears to the joiner that says.

Setup Phase: Loading Data.......it does not progress any further.

As host you may place units normally but the joiner never makes it past the loading phase.

Regards John

Hi All,

As an update I was able to connect and play 2 games online today.

I did uninstall and reinstall the game using the cumulative patch instead of the incremental one.

Mind you the games were puntuated with crash problems.

When trying to play a 3rd game we just gave up as the game kept crashing repeatedly to desktop within 2 minutes of starting.

Regards John

I was playing with some fellow the game connect he get into the scenario ( I was hosting) i saw the trees appear and disappear and them a message that he have disconneted from the game.

On his end he received the same message that i disconnect, in others word the game is disconnecting alone