We need help narrowing down nVidia problems

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are satisfied with the performance you are getting, then by all means don't be swayed by the comments on the board. The issue, however, is that people with 8800 cards can't run some scenarios of this game (Allah's Fist is a popular benchmark it seems) at best/best quality settings. And the common feeling is that if you are packing that type of video processing power, you should be able to with no problem.

I actually just got vista premium today, and am planning to install it on my secondary pc, so I will report back my benchmark results.

Originally posted by peleprodigy:

If you are satisfied with the performance you are getting, then by all means don't be swayed by the comments on the board. The issue, however, is that people with 8800 cards can't run some scenarios of this game (Allah's Fist is a popular benchmark it seems) at best/best quality settings. And the common feeling is that if you are packing that type of video processing power, you should be able to with no problem.

I actually just got vista premium today, and am planning to install it on my secondary pc, so I will report back my benchmark results.

I understand. I am running other new games with graphics maxed out without problems so I guess this game should be the same. Not really a problem for me, though.

Wow... I still cant understand how ignorant some of you can be. If you still think the 8xxx series cards are perfect and run just fine you really know how to pick the data you brain processes. For christ sake Nvidia themselves have admitted that the cards are having problems specially with texture management! And STILL some of you persist that the problem lies with CMSF code. Jesus, how hardheaded can you get?

Originally posted by Hotti:

Wow... I still cant understand how ignorant some of you can be. If you still think the 8xxx series cards are perfect and run just fine you really know how to pick the data you brain processes. For christ sake Nvidia themselves have admitted that the cards are having problems specially with texture management! And STILL some of you persist that the problem lies with CMSF code. Jesus, how hardheaded can you get?

If you would read the forum more carefully, you would notice the same problems are linked to terrain code rendering also on others cards, like ATI.

br.

Dr.Jones

Originally posted by Hotti:

Who said anything about perfection?

Until we actually know what the problem is I think it wise to leave all possibilities open.

Actually who cares about frames. This game is F##@!!ing joke. Most of the time the vehicles and troops dont go where there are supposed to. Some times they go all around (even if the destination point is straight ahead an inch) and get shot up the ass. This is very frustrating and I've decided to shelve this thing until they get it right!! I was warned by the guys on a another forum not to get it. They won't buy because of the "theatre of war" fiasco. CMSF seems to be turning out the same!!

Having said that, this will be an excellent game once the bugs are worked out. smile.gif

[ September 26, 2007, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Trooper5 ]