Vista laptop problems

Hi fellas.

I've got an Acer 5610 laptop:

Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz

Intel graphics/sound

2Gb RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium.

I've tried the 'affinity' fix already, and vista won't allow me to install the intel power management fix for XP.

Graphics, sound, pointing device, and CPU drivers are all up to date.

When I fire up the demo, it takes me to the menu screen, where all the text is whacked out. If I alt-tab out, and come back in, it's better, but still corrupted (I don't know how best to describe this). In any case, when I fire up one of the scenarios, it loads, the bottom half of the screen comes up (the interface), but I don't get any 3D graphics up top, it just remains as whatever was up before (the loading screen).

Any help? I've searched, but didn't come across this particular issue (There were similar issues, but none of the fixes for those issues worked for this one)

Thanks,

Jeff

Originally posted by mr.bean:

OMG THANK GOD!

someone with my same problem!

please help us!

i have the same problem using vista in bootcamp on a macbook.

I have a macbook pro running Vista ultimate and I have no other problems than a bit sluggish frame rate considering hardware specs (core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, geforce 8600m, 2 gb RAM). Won't comfort you much I guess but just a note that the game is playable at least with this config.

I'm using nvidia driver version 7.15.11.6218.

Originally posted by Compton:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mr.bean:

OMG THANK GOD!

someone with my same problem!

please help us!

i have the same problem using vista in bootcamp on a macbook.

I have a macbook pro running Vista ultimate and I have no other problems than a bit sluggish frame rate considering hardware specs (core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, geforce 8600m, 2 gb RAM). Won't comfort you much I guess but just a note that the game is playable at least with this config.

I'm using nvidia driver version 7.15.11.6218. </font>

When v1.03 comes out (few days) see what happens if you change the Priority to Normal in the Options screen. Other than that... I don't know what to suggest since this seems to be a very isolated problem. You guys are starting to bring back horrible memories of DOS and Windows 3.1 when the chance of something not running right was greater than its chance of running correctly :D

Steve

thank you for posting here.

all I ask is that you look into this problem sometime in the near future. I really want to play this game and i dont have enough money to buy a new computer at the moment, and probably wont for quite a while. I can tell that your working pretty hard at the moment with all these patches coming out so quickly. I can understand that there are more widespread problems to deal with at the moment. I just ask that when things start to slow down you dont forget about us with this problem. I will remain confident that you guys will be able to fix this problem when you have less problems that are more common.

keeping my fingers crossed.