1 shot, 2 hits

incredible! a pak 41/43 fired a projectile which crossed M8 and continued its race in M10 by destroying the 2 at the same time... insane!

I took screenshot just after double hit, i saw it "direct live"! :D

historically, is it possible?

towel2.jpg

Tofke

Beer Killer

[ May 08, 2007, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Tofke ]

Projectiles don't travel in a straight line, but in a ballistic arc, and depending on the ammo used, the gun that fired it, and the distance between shooter and target, the arc can be VERY significant. So the shell would have travelled over the M8 and can theoretically hit the M10. Aiming might be the bigger problem, though. The question is if the round was aimed where it struck or not smile.gif

Martin

PaK 43 and KwK 43

=================

PaK 43/41A dedicated anti-tank gun, the PaK 43 was developed from Krupp's Gerät 42, mentioned above. This used a new cruciform mount with the gun much closer to the ground, making it far easier to hide and harder to hit. It was also provided with a much stronger and more angled armour shield to provide better protection. The standard armament of the Tiger II, the KwK 43 tank gun, was essentially the PaK 43 externally modified to fit into a turret. There were also self-propelled versions of the gun, including the Nashorn and Jagdpanther tank destroyers. All versions were able to penetrate about 200 mm of armour at 1,000 m, allowing it to defeat any tank in the world.

800pxpak4341basebordenmcq0.jpg

M 8

===

The armor ranged from 3 mm under the hull, to 19 mm in the front hull and turret.

(wikipedia sources)

Tofke

Beer Killer

Just had one of those huge russian tanks shoot through a dead tiger and kill the one behind it.

Sideshots ofc, but still quite "yarrrr"

Their reload time is absolutely awfull, but they pack a mean punch and can take quite a beating.

"please mr panther, keep shooting from that 1500m distance while I have my breakfast".

In 1941 North Africa a British M 13/40, travelling in loose formation, was pierced by a hidden pak. Unknown caliber, maybe 75mm, or 50mm. The bullet pierced the right forward side turning the hull gunner to mush, just missed the driver, and exited the left side slightly forward of the driver striking the engine compartment of the tank beside it. It has happened.

Originally posted by Nikki Mond:

In 1941 North Africa a British M 13/40, travelling in loose formation, was pierced by a hidden pak. Unknown caliber, maybe 75mm, or 50mm. The bullet pierced the right forward side turning the hull gunner to mush, just missed the driver, and exited the left side slightly forward of the driver striking the engine compartment of the tank beside it. It has happened.

that looks exatly like you stated but can you link the fact sheet on that incident?

There are several reports of multiple hits on the western front. High caliber guns could knock out 2 shermans (early)

Theres also a story of a panzer ace who shot through a wall of a building and knocked out a Sherman. can't remember who it was though.

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nikki Mond:

that looks exatly like you stated but can you link the fact sheet on that incident? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfseven:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nikki Mond:

that looks exatly like you stated but can you link the fact sheet on that incident? </font>

That italian M13\40 were realy tincans, very few armor on it. I bet a PAK 88 could take out a row of them.

I miss them from combat mission, it will be good when the north afrika expansion arrives, shooting germans all the time is boring, and the italians don't have tigers and panters, just carro armato M13\40, sweet. :D

Brits captured large stocks of M13/40's. Actually had a squadron of them.

Yeah, i know.

They even equiped a brazilian unit with them, mostly italian volunteers who left italy because of Mussolini.

The problem was the M13\40 had a terrible life expectancy. Too thin armour.