JSH mod v.1.2 (eng) is out!

Sneaksie

There is a problem with the mod in a Polish ToW version. Added equipment names and descriptions don't show both in encyclopaedia and during the game. Instead of correct names, only "?" are displayed. I think this may be due to differences in /data/local/ child directory structure, so the application doesn't know from where to take those descriptions.

If only I knew how does the directory structure look in this localized version I would be able to fix it by myself. I tried to rename /en subdir to /pl, /polish, /poland with no success.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think I need some better install instructions.

Tow BFC version patched to 1.10.0.81.

What I did:

1. Renamed directories AI to AI_bak and Missions to Missions_bak.

2. Copied the JSHv1.2.1_eng_full.exe to the Tow main directory and ran it.

Problems:

1. No Campaigns show up? Missing campaign file in the mission directory, copied campaigns.xml from Missions_bak directory to Missions, fixed.

2. No infantry or crew show up in missions?

Question:

1. Does the install/extract program over write any read only files during install?

2. There are two campaign.xml files (campaign.xml & campaign_extra.xml) under missions/single_missions/ directory, is this correct?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sneaksie,

Great mod man - I see no reason starting my own so I will like to join your mod team and start making new missions - based on your know-how I assume you must be someone close to the publisher or developers smile.gif - great job on supporting the game and investing so much time in adding more polishing to it - congrats to ya. Please let me know if you have such a 'level designer' job opening in your mod team.

Best Regards,

Cain

Master_Cain

Hello Master_Cain! JSH team members welcome you if you want to help. Next version is in the works, and they would be happy if you join. Do you have mission or missions you've already made? If no, make a small mission (any scenario) to test your skills. Do you have experience with Mission Editor?

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Master_Cain

Hello Master_Cain! JSH team members welcome you if you want to help. Next version is in the works, and they would be happy if you join. Do you have mission or missions you've already made? If no, make a small mission (any scenario) to test your skills. Do you have experience with Mission Editor?

Thank you for your interest in me. I was not able to work until now on TOW mainly due to time constraints. Plus I didn't felt like a good idea to do all the moods again by my self. I actually started as usual to go direct for the files but then I noticed the editors and I was impressed. My main need is to have more missions and enable some vehicles to be captured and reused in multiple battles. I assume there must be a line in the code that blocks them and can be made to enable them. Overall I'm extremely impressed with the game but I'm also surprised with his lack of market penetration and view.

So - I will strongly suggest that someone from Sales takes his laptop and goes to show the game to the WWII writer Sven Hassel in Barcelona who now is 91 years old and get his backing for the series. Maybe just offering him a TOW game, ask for an opinion,etc - this will still be a news event good to show off around the internet.

Just found he is alive (*try a Babel translation):

http://www.adevarul.ro/articole/interviu-exclusiv-cu-scriitorul-sven-hassel-la-91-de-ani/353492

I'm sure a percentage deal (1-5%) can be reached so TOW could replicate his books as RTS and a bit of Diablo type WWII RPG (two games). Not to mention having him on the game box set will result in instant sale to anyone who had read his books. And anyway every boy in Europe reads his WWII adventure books.

IMAGINE THE SALES POTENTIAL - that is if your sales people are not from US.

Anyway - back to modding - I will try to work this weekend and come up with a mission as demo for my job interview smile.gif

Thanks again,

Cain

EDIT - Nice new big guns - are you sure they can also fire 'balistic' rounds? - they should not fire like an AT gun. How about some mortar units? they will be great to add.

[ May 30, 2008, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Master_Cain ]

As far as I can see, it's impossible to get the flight trajectories correct for on-board mortars in TOW. Off-board mortar fire is already in the game.

Unless Sneaksie knows of some ballistic properties that I'm unaware of that controls this....hint, hint. smile.gif

It's also related to a problem I had trying to make it so you could lob grenades over wall obstacles. I couldn't truly achieve a "lob" trajectory.