Battlefront releases Theatre of War Uber Patch!

Strategyinformer

Battlefront has released a huge patch for Theatre of War which is 1.20 gigabytes in size and contains a massive amount of improved and optimized content including 11 new multiplayer missions, 11 new multiplayer maps, new multiplayer game modes and an all new multiplayer game browser.

For the singleplayer side of Theatre of War this patch contains two new playable campaigns, which make up a total of 18 new missions, a completely updated line of sight spotting system, extensive tweaks to the AI and a unique singleplayer mission where you'll get to control just a single squad of elite commandos as they go behind enemy lines.

An updated mission-campaign editor has also been released which now allows customization to multiplayer games among with other changes. The highly anticipated battle generator program that allows you to create your own single and multiplayer battles with just a few clicks has also been made available. Even better is that all of these utilities can work in individually or in tandem with one another so you can pick your own level of editing involvement.

You can download it here at the moment: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/theatreofwar/patch/21024.html

I just download it from you, but it doesn't work, it says: "The setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program".

it's 1.051.984 kb in size

I'll try again, maybe I got unlucky

I noticed the strategy informer version is smaller in size then on the other sites

I have downloaded the torrent but once again i am having problems running the patch setup on vista 32. I right click on patch and then run as administrator but then it just hangs and all i hear is hard drive activity but no setup. Ooooo i do hate vista !!

Weird, the patch installer shouldn't conflict with Vista (but remember Vista itself is not officially supported in Theatre of War although it usually works).

From where did you download the patch? Was the resulting file an exe or a .zip?

Some of the mirrors are repacking the installer as a zip file (they do that so they can include some info about their websites) so maybe thats what you got.

Madmatt

Hey Matt,

Just downloaded and created a small Polish frontier battle. More on that later. I want to save the Uber Patch. It's too large for a 700MB CD and my copier tells me to reduce the size which I can't because it is one large file. How do I go about this? I remember on my old machine when it would prompt me to "add another disk" to finish copying a large file that wouldn't fit on one. Is there a way to "back up and copy" the Uber Patch file? (In case I lose internet service or use another machine or need a repair after a crash and lose the file, etc....) Or are you going to make a hardcopy disk of the Uber Patch available (for a fee) in the future for those that want one?

Thanks.

Pat Hair

PS. The mini battle is between Pz1s and Pz2cs vs. Tks's and Wz34 ACs. This was the MOST LIKELY frontier encounter. Each Polish Infantry Division and Cavalry Brigade had a "battalion" of company size consisting of 8 Wz armoured cars and 13 or 14 TKS type tankettes. The Germans had around 1450 Pz2s and over 1500 Pz1s and only 78 Pz38Ts and 98 Pz35Ts and 98 Pz4s, most of which were still the "A" variety that had no better armour than a Panzer 2c. But the chances of running into them were very rare unless you happened to be opposite of where those Pz38Ts were gathered. The most likely early engagement would have been Polish infantry and cavalry with no armour and little anti-tank equipment versus light German armour and infantry. The Poles often had artillery pieces which they used as anti-tank guns (as well as the Bofors 40mm AA gun). They also had the anti-tank rifle and HMGs which according to various sources, including other existing wargames, could knock out light armour at close range. I don't know if that will work in this game. (MGs vs light armour) But I'm going to try it.