Custom Battle Generator please Tread

MikoyanPT

I only require one thing for considering ToW a classic among wargames.

A Custom Battle Generator.

Were you can:

-Chose a map from a existing list.

-Chose the units to form the oposing sides.

-Chose an objective that trigers the victory.

Player imagination will do the rest.

I could imagine what if battles with the nations and units present in the game to last a lifetime.

People who played CM series know what i am talking about. :D

Me three

It would be nice if you could select the type of engagement, my suggestions would be:-

Attack

Defense

Meeting engagement

Recce

Capture & Hold

Oh & also you'd need to be able to select dates to determine which units would be available to each side, this could just be a year eg 1943.

Me Four

TOTAL AGREEMENT! This is the only thing I am looking for.

A Custom Battle Generator.

Were you can:

-Chose a map from a existing list.

-Chose the units to form the oposing sides.

-Chose an objective that trigers the victory.

I would PAY EXTRA FOR THIS :)

I'd love it as well. Shouldn't be too hard for developers if only they wanted... Curiously Sturmovik had both types of generators - quick and full. Why this very good idea was not forwarded along with the engine I have no clue.

John Sestan was nice enough to send me his random battle generator for Panzer Command Kharkov.

He wrote it as an HTA file (basically an HTML document that runs like an application from Internet Explorer 7).

really nice piece of work. He even added a beautiful icon-based GUI for it. It might be a good starting point for a TOW RBG. I believe it works with XML like TOW does.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a scripter. I can work pretty well with the TOW editor, but that's lightweight stuff compared to converting this application over to be compatible with TOW.