Theatre of War "Battle for Moscow Add-on and Game Patch (v1.3.0.56) Released!

Madmatt

Could anyone clarify exactly what new sounds are added in the patch? (weapon sounds, unit speech?) As I'm currently working on a sound mod, I'd be interested to know.

Also, are there any changes to the armour of "softskin" vehicles (trucks, jeeps etc.) and/or the armament and properties of aircraft? Both of these are areas I'm modding, it would be useful to know if my efforts are redundant!

Originally posted by Drawde79:

Could anyone clarify exactly what new sounds are added in the patch? (weapon sounds, unit speech?) As I'm currently working on a sound mod, I'd be interested to know.

Also, are there any changes to the armour of "softskin" vehicles (trucks, jeeps etc.) and/or the armament and properties of aircraft? Both of these are areas I'm modding, it would be useful to know if my efforts are redundant!

I don't have a list as such but in playing recently I noticed a more diverse collection of explosions and incoming arty than I had noticed before. It could also be that in some cases the sounds were always there but weren't being played as they should have been.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Tankbuster:

Kilo, what are you doing round these parts? You need to get back to fixing Pacific Storm Allies :Dtongue.gif (If you are the same KiloAlpha4 that is ? )

Great job on the patch everyone! smile.gif

good job, the only prob is there are still no infantry based mobile mortars in there so the 10/10 drops to a 7/10 ;)

yes it's me lol, have a few games from battlefront, t-72 etc etc . I just finished downloading the u.k. arch0000.sma to take ze look in there tomorrow ;)

so who are ya from the p.s. forum ?

Drawde

I haven't seen anything to indicate that cars and trucks data have been modified.

Incidentally, I was just curious how you were intending to approach this, as it is something I had brought up in an earlier thread about the seemingly "over-armored" cars and trucks.

Originally posted by massimorocca:

Question: what do you see when ordering waypoints? I've only the old little grey square. There is some new icon like the green square for the reverse?

May be I need a fresh reinstall......

You see a green icon in the form of the Formation you have given your squad to move, you also get a green icon when you order a vehicle to move too. You must keep Shift held down whilst you right click on each area of the map you want the way points placed. I'm not 'teaching you to suck eggs' I hope, but sometimes it's the little things that people forget, or don't know. smile.gif

you can save the russian campaign games but not load them as the saved games don't show up , the load game list is blank. Also didn't notice any real los etc fixes as promised and Cpu still idles at 99%. Besides the added russian campaign I can see no real overall improvement/s between the unpatched and patched version. The patch obviously needs a patch. So much for the much anticipated patch release. Think I will skip 1C games from now on.

[ June 27, 2007, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: KiloAlpha4 ]

The problem massimorocca talked about I also got. No green icons as in the pre-patch video. I think the unit doesn`t follow a path, but always moves to the position of where you put the first point, then it stays there. I have checked the keyboard commands, but couldn`t find something regarding this topic. Maybe I was just too impatient and hurried through but if the standard config is "Shift+RMB" it doesn`t work either.

Also the Single and Dual Core thing changed worse. When I adjusted it to Dual Core and started a new game I had 2 FPS. This never happened before (without the patch). At least it still works with Single Core adjustment. :)

Originally posted by DeLaVega:

The problem massimorocca talked about I also got. No green icons as in the pre-patch video. I think the unit doesn`t follow a path, but always moves to the position of where you put the first point, then it stays there. I have checked the keyboard commands, but couldn`t find something regarding this topic. Maybe I was just too impatient and hurried through but if the standard config is "Shift+RMB" it doesn`t work either.

Also the Single and Dual Core thing changed worse. When I adjusted it to Dual Core and started a new game I had 2 FPS. This never happened before (without the patch). At least it still works with Single Core adjustment. :)

Odd that it's working fine for some of us and not for others.

Luckily I am on the last mission in the American campaign so I didn't install the patch so I could finish it before patching. It's pretty common for new patches to nulify saved games, that's why I knew not to install it yet. I will go play the campaign again after the patch to see the difference though.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Drawde

I haven't seen anything to indicate that cars and trucks data have been modified.

Incidentally, I was just curious how you were intending to approach this, as it is something I had brought up in an earlier thread about the seemingly "over-armored" cars and trucks.

I just set the "armour" value for most of the components to 1 or 2mm, other than the engine (4-8mm). This makes "softskins" a lot more vulnerable to small arms fire (including SMGs, which previously they were virtually impervious to) and 20mm HE shells. However, from my experiences testing the mod, these vehicles don't seem to be so vulnerable as to be useless - they don't die immediately, it usually takes a few shots/bursts to destroy or disable them.

BTW, the new sounds in the patch seem mostly to consist of alternative sounds, with slightly varying pitch, for MGs and other automatic weapons. I'm incorporating this into my sound mod (rather tedious though as each weapon now has 7 different sound files)