Chafee in Normandy?

Jaws

Ok I am not to enthusiast about this game but really trying to master it until CM2 WW2 ;)

Is thought this game was pretty accurate. But a few notes

The Chafee didn’t see Europe until late 1944. So the scenario Whrilwind is not correct because there are Chafee’s in it.

Is it me or is the looks of the M10 destroyer different then the real version?

M10

Then IL-2 (My all time favourite Fly Sim) was released without dynamic campaign initial. But IL-2 Enthusiast were able to construct a dynamic campaign and 1C finally got it implemented in there updates. Since ToW has the same engine as IL-2 it seems not to hard to cope that dynamic campaign system? Or is ToW just the graphic engine of IL-2.

This game is a eye candy ofc and it would be a waste not to develop this as a benchmark for the coming few years. CM was pretty evaluated and I hope you guys can bring a lot of those futures into ToW.

Yeah, the TO&E is not realistic by any means. We fixed some of the most glaring mistakes, but some remained. Hopefully we can continue tweaking this some more, but the design philosophy tends towards more "cool" stuff than realistic usage dates. Of course with the Mission Editor you can create more realistic matchups yourself.

Martin

molo, because we didn't want to remove all of the cool stuff that was already in the game, so we focussed on fixing the campaign (more or less) and decided to leave the single missions for players to play as they like.

Martin

Yup, if Chaffees and Jacksons would be restricted to within their proper time frame you'd see them only once or twice, which would be a pity, as they are great fun.

Never saw a Mathilda in the Allied campaign, though I'm not sure the Valentines were completely taken out. Valentines did make it into the NW Europe theatre btw, but only the later Marks, not the 40mm one.

Originally posted by Moon:

Yeah, the TO&E is not realistic by any means. We fixed some of the most glaring mistakes, but some remained. Hopefully we can continue tweaking this some more, but the design philosophy tends towards more "cool" stuff than realistic usage dates.

duly noted.

thanks for being frank about it.

Yeah to be honest I really do not terribly mind the lack of historical accurateness, it makes the game quite interesting. However I am looking forward to some custom missions by players with more historical TO&Es.

Originally posted by Jaws:

Is it me or is the looks of the M10 destroyer different then the real version?

M10

The modification of M10 presented in game is M10 “Wolverine”.

The foto that u posted is the “Achilles” modification.

Originally posted by Soddball:

No it isn't. The Achilles had a 17pdr gun, much longer, with a muzzle brake. The photo is of the standard M10.

What do you mean by standard M10?

We have first modification of M10. In the link that is posted by Jaws there is a picture of second modification M10 “Wolverine”.

Here is a picture of first modification that is represented in game:

M10Wolverine002.jpg

From "British and American Tanks of World War II" By Chamberlain and Ellis:

BRITISH SERVICE

A number of M10s and M10A1s were supplied to Britain in 1944 where they were designated "3in SP, Wolverine". These were issued for combat service to British units in Italy and France; most were converted from late 1944 by replacement of the 3in gun with the British 17pdr gun, producing a much more potent tank than the M10 in its original form. In its new guise the vehicle was designated "17pdr SP. Achilles Mk IC". M10A1s similarly converted were designated Achilles Mk IIC.

M10 used M4A2 chassis. M10A1 used M4A3 chassis. Both M10 and M10A1 used 3" gun. The majority (4,993) were M10. The remainder (approx 1,400) were M10A1. Around 300 more M10A1 were converted to M36.