What about a mission coding forum? or Why this is a Geek's game.

Blond_Knight

I have to admit Ive enjoyed fighting with the mission editor and its scripts all weekend. Dont like the AI's behavior, well you can change most of it there. Open a default mission and see how 1C coded the event and put it in your mission.

Its like its the linux of games...

Anyway a seperate coding and/or mod forum I think would be a good way to segregate the chatter.

I had pretty good luck lastnight scripting. I havent gotton to the point where Im using variables yet, so everything is hardcoded, but I may actually be getting the hang of it.

I'll probably tidy my mission up with a briefing, mission success, and mission fail before I post it.

It goes something like:

FJR 6 digs its heels in - AT elements of FJR 6 lay an ambush outside Carentan for approaching Allied tank and paratroop units.

Im also curious to see how entrenched 41' Grenadiers defend themselves against Soviet human-wave attacks mixed with rolling barrages.

Originally posted by Blond_Knight:

I have to admit Ive enjoyed fighting with the mission editor and its scripts all weekend. Dont like the AI's behavior, well you can change most of it there. Open a default mission and see how 1C coded the event and put it in your mission.

Its like its the linux of games...

Anyway a seperate coding and/or mod forum I think would be a good way to segregate the chatter.

I tried this.... I failed, because I see no way to copy or move the text (trigger) to a new mission! Do I miss something? Just a noop with this language and editor....

Regards,

War Raven.

--

Have tried most stuff now, art support, reserves, reinforcements and also moving units to certain points and reacting to a certain unit count.

It is actually a lot more straitforward than it seems. Also you can program the major part of your mission before adding triggers.

Some obvious things took me some time to grasp, like place holders!

If want to use a lot of triggers than some previous coding experience (any!) helps. But its not a must.

--

I agree, we need a space for the editor.

Also, it would be nice if BF create a space where it is possible to upload and download user create scenarios.

In the past, with the CM serie, we had to go on external sites-repository for that, and I still remember the tragedy when the CM depot server crashed, loosing all the scenario created by the community in years.

I hope that with TOW this will not happen, and we will have here our space for our scenarios.

Also, it would be nice to exhange some small tutorials about the editor: it is this tool that give to TOW a good potential for the future.

***Luca

Originally posted by Blond_Knight:

Originally posted by cinacchi:

I agree, we need a space for the editor.

Also, it would be nice to exhange some small tutorials about the editor: it is this tool that give to TOW a good potential for the future.

***Luca

This is a very good idea! I vote for this.

btw, my first attempt was a fiasco :D After I load it in the whole thing gives me a crash to desktop :confused:

Regards,

War Raven.