disappearing crew

Freeboy

This seems to happen more vs inf-AT, in the game. To me at least.

I remember listening to an American WW2 tanker talk about how everyone in a tank could be killed with slight damage to the tank itself. The repair crews would pull out the bodies, quickly clean it and often do just minor repairs and the tank would be back in action that day. He even said during heavy fighting, (just days after D-day he was talking about in particular) that there were be more tanks then crews. Crews would be made up of untrained infantry that would get a few hours of "on the job training" while driving to the front.

Originally posted by chanss:

It has happend to me too, I believe it is a penetrating hit, that happens to hit your crewmember but not really damage anything else in the tank.

Actually, can also occur when you have a NON-penetrating hit that makes your armor on the inside of the tank flake loose, doesnt show from the outside. I am not sure but i think its called spall damage or somesuch......

yes, but i had the entire crew of my kingtiger disappear in a few minutes. i didnt notice any death messages as one by one the crewmembers were disappearing. the tank was being shot at yes, but only frontal hits between 10 and 14 hours. if 3-4 frontal hits from a t-34:85 are enough to kill the entire crew of a kingtiger, while doing no damage at all to the tank itself then that is rediculous.

"edit" what is even more rediculous is that i sent 5 regular infantry soldiers to man the kingtiger and they got in it and drove away... :rolleyes:

no, if i recall right. their icons just disappeared while i was looking at them.

i noticed because the tank wasnt moving anymore, so i selected it and saw there were only 3 guys in it, and i saw the remaining 3 guys disappear one by one in a few minutes. and i got the message "tank empty"