The greatest gameplay problem in ToW

norwegianwiking

The greatest issue, for me, is the lack of a end battle\withdraw button. Playing the French campaign, i had a battle go exceedingly well. All enemy infantry were dead, all but one enemy tank was disabled, and he was to scared to move forward. However, i had no chance in hell of killing him, as all attempts at recrewing the guns got them plastered with a HE round, and all my tanks were out of ammo. I spent over an hour, sneeking single infantrymen forward and collecting hand grenades from dead germans, in an attempt to kill or make the enemy tankers abandon their tanks.

In the end, i just rushed all my infantry at the tanks, to end the horror. That battle was mine, i had rightfully won it, but due to the fact that you HAVE to kill or route ALL enemy forces to end the battle, i ended up in a stalemate situation with no way out.

Originally posted by K9crump:

I found that you simply need to get to the objective area to trigger an ending. I did not have any problems with this yet, and I have not always routed/killed everyone to complete the missions.

Mike

The problem is the goal was to stop and repell the germans, so i didn't have that option :(

Hi Folks,

the end game button is missing.Right

I have an other small problem?????

Why can i use no houses?

Why can my Infantry not cross fences?

Does it mean attack and defence are even? When the defender can`t use the house teh attacker can`t cross the fence and must come to the doorway. :(

Put that silly propaganda treecrashing away. Or it i easy way for the programmer to ease the navigating around trees?

Nice game but.... :confused:

Any answers??? Stahler

Yeah the lack of mortars sucks bad! It is a real shame. And regarding garisonned troops in buildings...forget it guys the houses were not made so that windows or doors can be opened so that you can garisonned an MG in it (like in CoH). This option will never come, but at least they should put mortars in an upcoming patch. Also no Flak 88 WTF!? :(

Originally posted by Stahler:

the end game button is missing.Right

I thought I saw something that stated that you could move on to next battle even if you lose. Does this work? I have not lost a battle yet, but it would be nice to know if it exists, so I could just move on. Anyone?

Mike