Need a demo!

iplaygames2

I just can't play any other games anymore. I'm too psyched up about ToW. I know that April 19 will be here in just a matter of weeks, but I just can't wait! We need something, anything, to tide us over. I know Moon said there would be screens, news, etc coming in the next days, but those only work for a short while.

Bring on the demo!

:eek:

i preordered and i bet no demo will happen since we might be disappointed it cost me 8 bucks shipping, way to MUCH (ripoff) I am disappointed, this game better hold me over for a while at 53 dollars

You're going to lose your bet, huhr. As for shipping, it includes also "handling", which is why it's called "Shipping & handling", so the fee pays for packaging, the people picking and preparing the shipment, the transport itself, and the ensuing after-sale service. $8 is not much compared to what some others are charging. I recently ordered something from Digital River and they offer a back CD service for like $15. Now THAT is a rip-off.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

You're going to lose your bet, huhr. As for shipping, it includes also "handling", which is why it's called "Shipping & handling", so the fee pays for packaging, the people picking and preparing the shipment, the transport itself, and the ensuing after-sale service. $8 is not much compared to what some others are charging. I recently ordered something from Digital River and they offer a back CD service for like $15. Now THAT is a rip-off.

Martin

Hmm, I just must tell that shipping for Europe is a little bit too much.

45$ plus 14$ s&h = 59$ for my country (rest of europe)

Shrapnel games shipped Dominions 3 at 8 $ to my place I think. Dominions 2 was only 3 $ but I guess that it was higher but they made only 3$ so to make bigger sales (game was 50$).

So that some say that I only say good things here about BF smile.gif

This is only constructive critics not to be taken as some attack smile.gif

Mario

Ironically the higher Shipping & HANDLING fee for European customers is because it's more expensive for us to ship out of our Irish warehouse than it would be to ship out of our US warehouse to Europe. The benefit of this is that you don't get any customs hassles, import VAT or duty, since it's a shipment within the EU.

We keep no cent from the S&H fees. It's calculated to cover real costs we're charged to get the game to you.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Ironically the higher Shipping & HANDLING fee for European customers is because it's more expensive for us to ship out of our Irish warehouse than it would be to ship out of our US warehouse to Europe. The benefit of this is that you don't get any customs hassles, import VAT or duty, since it's a shipment within the EU.

We keep no cent from the S&H fees. It's calculated to cover real costs we're charged to get the game to you.

Martin

OK, thank you for your answer. I don't see it as a big thing and I can understand. My country is not yet in EU unfortunately but will be hmmm soon (hehe in 5-10 years lolz).

I can understand that Ireland have bigger S&H caharges... we also here in Croatia have outraegous postage prices.

I use to say to them at the post that usually is for me CHEAPER getting things from USA (ACROSS ATLANTIC!) than here to some village 30 miles distant.

So, 5 points to US postal service! smile.gif

Mario

Originally posted by Vergeltung:

jeebus fellas, complaining about a lousy $8 S&H fee? redface.gif

that's the equivalent of 2 good beers, gone in a half hour on a good night of drinking. get some perspective, please. smile.gif

Methinks the most absurd posters complaining of the $8 aren't yet of legal age to partake in such pleasantries. :D