ToW walkthrough 3

Sig

pardon my ignorance here, i've only just learned about TOW... my question is abuot HOW this is played. is it similar to the other CM games? that is turn based? i usually play with opponents via email. if it is real time, it wont be something i can play :(

also - i read the 3d article, and am heading back for 1 & 2, but is there somewhere else to get answers to more questions? or are they best posted here. hate to sound like such a newwbie.. but in this case.. i Am smile.gif

thx

Hi Sarge! Theatre of War is real-time. You can pause the action at will (and issue orders during pauses) but gameplay is not in turns, but only real-time. Real-time tactical is a good term for it I guess.

Martin

Hey Moon, I've just read the new preview and they said that trees, grass, bushes ect act as cover in TOW is this true? I heard that they didn't.

They also mentioned being able to cause damage to small parts on tanks like optics and that AT guns have complex damage, is this true also?

Trees, brush etc. doesn't stop LOS but degrades it. Yes, the damage modelling is very detailed and complex and you can damage parts and individual systems of tanks and AT-guns (as well as buildings and other objects on the map)

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

.....you can damage parts and individual systems of tanks and AT-guns (as well as buildings and other objects on the map)

Martin

How can i do that ? I play the russian version and cant find a way to aim the turret or the wheel etc.

Do i have to aim directly via Mouse Arrow at the desired part of the vehicle ?

The game manual explains how to do it. Well, I guess not if you cannot read the Russian smile.gif

You have to click on one of the little dots on the "attack" button (the one showing a gun sight). The dots are on the right. A block dot shows you which part you're aiming at right now.

Martin