Theatre of War Status Update (Feb 2007)

Madmatt

The last information given out on this topic was, in the beginning just as a download via BF online distribution system, (maybe) later a box.

I know some people like boxes with nice graphics and manuals but see it positive. When the game goes gold no more production time is needed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOW will be released using the same system that we're using since this summer after launching our digital delivery platform. That is:

you will be able to pre-order the game some time before the release (usually a few weeks). All pre-orders are $45 ($10 off if what it will cost you later for that option) and will include both a download immediately when it's available AND for not extra cost also a hardgoods version by mail later.

After the game is officially released, we will be offering three options for purchase:

$45 for a download only version

$45 for a mail only version

$55 for both immediate download AND mail delivery

It's been like this since last year June roughly, and this is our standard scheme for future releases also (although the prices may vary on occasion of course).

For TOW specifically there are also some arrangements in place to bring the game out in retail, just so you know. We're working on localized versions in Italy and Spain already which will be on the shelf this year as well.

Martin

We plan to announce a firm release date later this month. We have no firm plans to release the game into UK retail at this point, but of course you will be able to purchase from us direct either as download or via mail-delivery from our warehouse in Ireland.

Martin

landwarrior, not sure why you need it for though? All orders you place in our store are automatically fulfilled from Ireland or Vermont, depending on your ship-to location (Europe or America, Asia). You do not have to contact the warehouse to place the order :D Simply click on

Purchase on top of the page, or, if it's not visible, enter through the main page at www.battlefront.com. Of course the product has to be on sale first, which it is not at the moment.

Martin

Well, I don't live at any of these addresses smile.gif

Seriously, the address is not a secret. You see it when you order a product by mail - it's written on the packing slip. But it's just the fulfillment house. If you want to order the product, you need to order from the same webstore - no matter if you're in America, Europe, Africa or Asia. smile.gif

Martin

Sarge, TOW is striclty real-time. Some people here coined the term RTT - real time tactical, which describes it pretty well.

Sivodsi, the deliver is not free. Sorry, I realize it's my mistake for creating this impression. When I said "for no extra cost", I meant that you do not have to pay the $10 extra for finished goods which we charge once the game is out. So you get the $55 product for $45. But in both cases, pre-order or not, you wil lhave to add Shipping&Handling. I don't recall what it is, but I think it's $11 for international orders and $7 or $8 for US. But don't quote me, I'm going from memory and I do know that we had changed shipping costs some time ago.

Martin

Knowing that RealTime play is not for everyone, Combat Mission: Shock Force also offers the exact same ground breaking WeGo hybrid turn based system that propelled the original Combat Mission games to an unprecedented three Wargame of the Year Awards from PC Gamer magazine.
If you can do it here, then why not with TOW? Or, is this something the Devs (1C) would not allow?

For something like PBEM to work, you need a fundamentally different program structure. Stuff like that cannot be simply "added" later if the base framework does not support it at the design level. Or to put it plainly, you cannot simply turn a real-time game into a turn-based game (which would be a requirement for PBEM to work) without breaking the whole thing. Might as well start with a whole new game, it would be quicker that way...

Martin

That pic looks like saint patricks day in the park and mr baloon seller has been doing good trade smile.gif

Looks like the game is finally arriving, thank God! Well done to the team at BFC, i have no doubt you have done us proud with your additions.

Also a small note, what happens to those poor folk who still have 56k ? How long will it take them to DL :( Good job i have Broadband :D

Steve..